Muppets wrap up new MasterCard commercial for November debut

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
What about Scooter and Janice? Just want to know if they talk, have substncial parts and how they sound.
I don't think they're even in the commercial. They weren't in the Muppets listed in the article.

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll watch the tube for awhile tonight and see if I can catch it. Is there any chance it will be on Nick at Nite? I usually watch "The Cosby Show" in the evening so that's why I'm wondering.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was right! It was on during Raymond. I was so excited I actually waited until AFTER the commercials to go to the bath room! Ha Ha!

SO there are two versions of this, and one is longer. I had that suspicion when Pepe the King Prawn okay didn't speak. If there is a longer version, I want to see it!

I thought that the Fozzie and Animal were close approximations. FOzzie was slightly lower in pitch than his old performer, but I was glad to see him and not just Kermit and Piggy talking.

Rowlf was with the group, thankfully, happily playing the piano!

I wonder...Sam the Eagle went to see the Producers and all....I have heard the songs from it and believe me, there is stuff his conservative, censorminded mind would object to!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

*sigh* Nobody answered my question, so I guess it WON'T be shown on Nick at Nite. I've already been doing some channel surfing tonight to see if I could catch it. So far it seems like I'm the only one here who hasn't seen it. :frown:

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
I saw the ad last night during SNL here in the Twin Cities, it was very good. Here is another note that I’m not sure has been brought up yet but another Muppet landmark makes an appearance in a Master Card Commercial. There is another ad that has been playing for a few months were a man who has his own business gets out early to take his daughter and her friends to an Nsync like boy band concert. Well the arena they use is the Civic Auditorium in Santa Monica CA, the site of MuppetFest 2000. So next time you see that ad pay close attention.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Nice catch, Arugge! I'll have to keep my eyes open for that

Daffyfan: No one answered your question about Nick at Nite because no one knows when or where commercials will air, except for the broadcasters who sell the ad time itself. It may air on Nick at Nite, but it's a high-profile ad so it'll very likely air on big network shows. I saw it on NBC's Must-See Thursday this past week.

Personally, I loved the commercial. A lot of Muppet regulars, out in the real world (New York, no less, one of their favorite haunts). Plus, the commercial just looked more professional than most of the recent ads they've done. Hats off to Brian; he's such an underrrated director. I'm glad to see that his step down from the CEO position doesn't mean he's given up on the creative side of Muppetdom.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom,

I totally agree. Brian directs Muppet projects very well and it's great to see him have an opportunity to shine with this fantastic commercial, especially in light of him stepping down as chairman in May and the Farscape cancellation. Wonderful to see his involvement continue.

He has a unique vision of the Muppets on screen, especially during production numbers like "Scrooge" or "Sailing for Adventure".

Natalie

Reaction score
I just saw the comercial tonight, but my sister was yelling "here it is!" and so i missed all the talking, and it was on our little black and white tv in the kitchen, so not good. But anyway, it looked funny, and i can't wait to see it again. (It was on CBS, i think, in the middle of the Bear's game)

C'irdan

Reaction score
commercial

I saw this during SNL this weekend and I LOVED IT! Does anyone know if there are different versions though? Because foo-foo was no where to be seen and the commercial seemed very short...luckily I taped it! I feel stupid asking this...but who exactly is foo-foo? Isn't that Miss Piggy's dog? And who does the voice?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yes Foo Foo is Miss Piggy little white fluffy dog, if you have seen Kermits Swamp years, it's that same little white dog in the pet shop during the life as a pet song.

I'm not sure who does the voice, but Foo Foo doesn't speek just dog barking noise's. i want to say Steve for some reason...i'm not sure.