1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RKUNKLER, Feb 3, 2008.

1. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

I went to muppets.com and it directed me to http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=102451. It has new videos, channels for all the characters, some are being worked on, click on the do not touch button and the doors more than 1 time a new thing happens every time. There are even games. Theres a bar at the top left corner with buttons. Check those out and click the arrow and check those buttons. It even has 3 or 4 videos of Muppetnewsflash with the Newsman. The other 2 keep clicking til you have seen the other quotes, become a member, chat and have channels like mine at http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=102451. 2 of the games are for members only. What do you think.
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Finally, yeah this is cool. All new and original Muppet stuff shot by the guys last Summer, and its BRILLIANT - the intro was cracking me up, haha. I think Diz have done well with the Muppets internet wise really - this is exactly how the Muppets should have been done on the net a long time ago, and being at XD, which is a major deal for Disney, they will likely expand this and really focus on it - we could even see obscure Muppets appear as fan nuggets. This is a major part of the Muppets relaunching, side by side with Hannah Montana and High School Musical .... a good or bad thing depending how you see it! lol!

Edit - it let me in first time, but now says it doesn't let international folk use it. No official Muppets for UK fans? Noooooooo
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well i hate to tell some people i told you so but i will! I knew that the Muppets where going to have more and more little gold nuggets come out in the next few months, but even I had forgot about this. This really gives the Muppets a new place and a feel for home, and it gives us new video that we have only heard about being made. The match game is preety cool to, they had a picture of Big Mama monster. I'm going to log in and play the Muppet Triva game after church, and hoipfully smoke other players on there. This looks really nice and i cant wait to see more video in the other Muppet rooms!

Thanks Disney your really starting to do stuff with the Muppets and I for one am very very pleased!
  4. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

OMG! Eric Jacobson's voice for Fozzie has gotten amazing! =D This is so awsome!
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH! THIS. IS. AWESOME! GONZO! PEPE! FOZZIE! KERMIT! AHHHHH!

This is SO great! Disney FINALLY has something good going with these guys! THANK YOU!
  6. twasbrillig12

twasbrillig12 Member

Muppets and the internet just seem to fit together so well! My favorite part is the "DO NOT TOUCH" button. It seems to be random but there's a few different things that can happen, and totally worth breaking the "do not touch" rule.;)
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

MISS PIGGY'S VIDEOS ARE SO AWESOME! Go watch!
  8. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Hmmmm..it seems that Disney think Muppets are for Americans only...I wonder if non Americans will get access to it at one point.
  9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

This is so frustrating for us UK fans.

Does anyone know how to get past this Int'l block.

I noticed this also last week when I tried to go to Disneyshopping.com, it also directs to the UK site!

Sooooo annoying.

Chris
  10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

the elevatore one with Kermit is great! Kermit has never been more funny to me untill these videos. i love the one where Kermit Fozie and Gonzo are shoting the video in Kermits office it looks cool. the pepe one and the popsical stick was also very very funny. the best part is there is more to come, and I'm glad they made the Muppets a part of this new thing on the net making them a part of the disney family now.

Has anyone played any of the Games I'm heading over there now to singe up to play the muty player games.
  11. mikealan

mikealan New Member

But where can I find any Muppet-related stuff on this site? I don't see the DO NOT TOUCH button anywhere.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Okay, I am also having this problem, I keep getting redirected to http://home.disney.go.com/lite/index . This is ridiculous. I was able to access the old muppet site just fine, so I am more than a little annoyed.

:grouchy: First Comedy Central, now Disney! Stop censoring the internet, America!
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's soooooo wierd. Let me straight in this morning, directly from the link in this thread. There is a UK Disney XD but no Muppets.
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

No cheers from me till they have world wide axcess.
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ok international folk. The solution to all your problems is here

1) Surf over to http://www.youhide.com/
    2) Type www.muppets.com into the search box and click "click here to surf"
    3) Wait (close the popup or block it)
    4) Voila - Muppet dancing should appear before your very eyes!

Oh yea, if you hit "Do Not Touch" Kermit starts Crumping! LOL!
  16. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Canada is the the same boat the UK fans are in.
    Thanks Luke for the link.
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks for the youhide link, Luke. I tried but it doesn't seem to be loading, even though I'm waiting patiently. I'll try again tomorrow.
  18. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Anyone else notice that there are two different Fozzie puppets used in the videos? I much prefer the one used for the dance sequence than Fozzie's joke.
  19. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I think this site is a great deal of fun, but I hope it's a sign of more things to come. As fun as the videos and interactive things are, it didn't take me long to click though all of them. I hope that the site will continue to be updated as a weekly thing. But that may be too much to ask... Heck, I'll even settle for monthly! I just hope there is much more to come... And hopefully the Muppets eventual return to TV.

Well... I can dream, can't I?
  20. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

I LOVE IT! FINALLY DISNEY DONE SOMETHING.....I love the Miss Piggy videos.....for those who cant see it i will post them on youtube.If needed