1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RKUNKLER, Feb 3, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The old Muppets.com/Muppet Studios web-park seemed like a place Disney felt they had to stick the Muppets so they wouldn't harm themselves or others! :eek: Even with a character on the screen the place seemed lonely and unpopulated. Just not the right tone.

I suppose I feel the Muppets are kidding around rather than acting like kids. It can be a fine line, but I do see your point. That dancing thing was one small "bit". It's the Kermit hip-hop thing that kinda irritated me to be honest. It's like his, "Way to get down with your bad selves!" line in "Muppets From Space" that made me cringe. :sympathy:

It's important to remember that Disney's trying to drum-up new fans and that starts with young people. They've already got us - but could lose some of us if they lobotomize the characters. That's a concern. I've been watching for it and haven't seen Disney doing that.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yes...yes...yes.Thanks Luke.It worked.You are a great trouble shooter.I saw Kermit, fozzie and Gonzo do their dance.As I only have dial up, I will have to watch the rest when I get more time.
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel Jamie! And I agree, I haven't seen anything from Disney and the Muppets that really, really bothered me. None of the characters have been lost in translation, and I think that's a very good thing.

And TheJimHensonHour, I simply must disagree with what you said about the characters having their own personalities. Sure, they're all dancing in the opening video, but in no way are their dances the exact same, the've all got a bit of each character in them. That, and it's just the opening video to say, "Look, we're the Muppets! We can dance around for two minutes with no dialogue and still be adorable, funny, and nonsensical all at the same time!"
  4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Actully if you think about the history of the characters they all have differnt personalitys.
    They're just lal hopping around like mad men..erm muppets.
    It's really not a big deal just was posting a personal opinion..not like it even matters since as usual I am in the minority.
    The muppets are allot more than nonsense they try to be classy, everything always gets screwed up, they have hard like times, they have the good luck times, it's singing and dancing but with good production.
    Like I said not a big deal it's just the internet after all if it was tv they'd be singing a real song I'm sure.
    I just think they could have a better oppening, it is better than the Welcome to muppets.com! that kermit used to scream and scare the crap out of me lol:D
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Haha, totally agree about the old opening... *shudder* And yeah, youre entitled to your opinion, just thought I'd make a friend argument is all. :)
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

That's how i feel, i absolutely love that opening, its perfect. Thats gonna get a laugh out of an 8-10 year old kid as much as anyone older, and thats hard to get nowdays and what they're looking to do. The Muppets are masters of slapstick - nowdays that type of stuff dies out at pre-school and they're onto High School Musical type shows by the time they're 8. Everything is so much more age targeted now and specific to certain ages - the Muppets are one brand that can appeal to everyone if they're on form and given a chance.

I would guess the whole point and concept of the site is that it's the Muppets "behind the camera". You've got them messing around dancing, then Kermits blog, Piggy's workout video at home and discussion with Kermit in the elevator. So this is purposely them not being classy or trying to get things right as if they were on stage.
  7. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Yeah i thought it was perfect too! I was watching it with my 3 year old nephew and he loved it and he was dancing along! The music is histarical too and fits in well with the three of them!:) :o :concern: Aw my nephew was so cute and couldn't stop laughing just at the fact that Fozzie peeks out from the side of the screen!

Hey did any one notice that there are ballet shoes in front of Pepe's door?
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It great that they will be reaching a new generation of fans. And yes! They certently can like the muppets the way they were!:)
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Muppets on DxD update!

I've been talking to sources inside Muppet Studios and have some exciting news about the site:

The site launched on Friday and they've been using the weekend to get many of the kinks out (which explains some of the problems people may have had earlier). Things should be going a lot smoother now

I've been told that there will be new content added every week for the next couple of months! That's right, new Muppet videos every week for several months! And they are already planning on getting back together to shoot even more stuff! :excited:

Also I've been told that the opening page will be changing - there was a bit of a glitch which prevented it from being up right now, but I've been told that it will be really cool. Hopefully that will be up within the week.

As for the international fans out there, sadly the DxD network is only accessible from within the US. There is a UK version of DxD, but the Muppet content is not on it (or at least not yet). The folks at Muppet Studios are looking into the issue of getting this material to the international fans as well, however there is nothing definite yet. So until a solution comes along you'll have to use one of those unofficial backdoor methods to get in to see the stuff. :sympathy:

I'll let you know if I hear any more. :coy:
  10. TheJimHensonHour

Well it's cool everyone likes it so much, but I just feel it looks to much like when normal people get puppets put them on and go wild like omg I have a puppet on my hand lets act all crazy with them and dance around woooo!
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

It would be GREAT if you could loads some of these onto YouTube...I've tried using Youhide to access the website, but it's not working for me.

EDIT: Accessed the website (thank you Luke!), and I love the new clips. The elevator oe where Piggy randomly atacks Kermit was funny, especially is responce. -- Makes me wonder, are the fights between Piggy and kermit always staged? Are they really deeply and inseperably in love?
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Or why not make them aware of the thread here Greg. Then they can see peoples requests for what they'd like to see happen at the next shoot.

Did i hear obscure Muppets and an Electric Mayhem music video anyone? :halo: Oh and they are sooooooo missing a Penguin jacuzzi party!
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well now that was pretty impressive!

I absolutely *hated* the last "Muppets.com"...the only thing good about it was
    the cool flash site months prior to its launch.

Thank GOODNESS that attrocious "Muppets" purple logo is gone, and my...
    how sweet it is to get a ton of new Muppet clips...and in hi rez no less.

When you see the player open, click the >> >> on the right of the player...
    it opens up a bunch of other new clips. Including various Muppet New Years
    2008 clips with Gonzo, Pepe, Rizzo and Bunsen. There's also a hillarious Muppets On Dating segment with Bobo, Kermit, Fiama, Sal, Fozzie, etc.

My absolutely fave was the Kermit one with Gonzo and Fozzie totally messing with Kermit backstage with the video camera.
    I also loved the hidden MuppetNewsflash video clips(you have to pull up the little player to see all four of em)

All in all it has the kind of zany irreverent random humor I love. And content added every week? Very cool.

Between this new site, Sesame's online video archive site, Puppet Up on TBS,
    Del's Comedy Binge, and From the Balcony lots of clips and shows for Muppet fans to be giddy over.

Btw, am I one of the few on here whose been checking out Muppets.com since 1997? It's funny, for 7 years they didn't update that site much, but I preferred the 90's muppets.com way more than the 2004-2007 one.

Muppets.com relaunch, Henson biopic hollywood film, Fraggle Rock illustrated book...lot's of great news...of which I can imagine will only get better.

How do you download the flash clips?

Btwm Phill and MuppetNewsflash should edit in their front page news the international viewers trick.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Kinda crazy, though... Considering the UK was where they filmed the show. Other than the fact they clearly region coded something, this is a great relaunch. Though I admit, I really do miss "From the Balcony" and I would like to see it incorperated into this site.
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

hummm more things to come wha! things added weekly what! sounds to me like well um...... It sounds to me like they ummm and they I mean the ones who call themselfs Disney folk care!

Can this be the start of something? no people said Disney was not going to do anything good with the Muppets...... but where are they now.......

There is something strange going on here that is bigger then you me and that penguin over there with a rubber chicken in its mouth. I have a feeling that maybe just maybe someone has taped into this here web-site and heard the peoples cry for Muppets.

Or could it have been that simple prayer i said here on the Forum not to long ago in another thread? Do you remeber it Luke you asked for someone to say a little prayer for the Muppets and now look what we are into!
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

I do Dwayne, i remember asking you to pray to Whoopi ... er i mean the god frog above for some Muppety goodness, and look what we got. Muppet Central has made me a believer ... now ask for a Mokey doll! lol
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

18. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

As I pick my jaw off the floor i am thinking to myslef Luke watch what you say man you could say one more thing and who knows we may have a Muppet Moive out before you could click the sumit Reply button
  19. TheJimHensonHour

I've moved all the players around on the front page, piggys page, and kermits page and see nothing...where in the world are these muppet news flash clips and how do you get them?
  20. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Hey! if anyone wants to play a game with me, or chat with me, let me know, because I'm currently a temporary guest, but hopefully, that'll all change!