Muppets Aids Cartoon

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know that I would be just as offended had the characters been Teletubies. The overall message of it is mean-spirited and stereotypical. The fact that the characters are Muppets didn't really sway me. I like parody, but this one I did not enjoy. Now, had I not known people who have died of this horrible disease, I might feel differently.

But the good thing about this country is that if you don't like something, you can just turn it off or watch something else.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I gave it a shot, but not for me.

I finally got to watch this tonight. It's just creepy and off.
It's just so ;alsdkjf;alwjkf;alwejkf;awlejr AAAAAAHHH!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

Making fun of Sesame Street is offensive to us...but what if it was aimed at Barney? Would we all be getting so bent out of shape?
Well, we'd be discussing two different things, wouldn't we? A classic Kids show that quite a bit of people like, and an annoying has-been trying to regain his 1993 popularity. I find Barney's puppetry (of new hand puppet characters) simply dreadful, sophomoric, and.. well.. like a 2 year old did it! I switched it on for five seconds, saw a bird and a squirrel and thought it was another show. Then the purple menace walks in....

I didn't see the cartoon (I'm using a library computer at the moment) but I can tell it's a might on the raunchy side. I read once about them (ficticiously) adding an alternate lifestyle character (A Zoe, re-done in Photoshop or something, colored pink) and some letter (also ficticiously) pulling sponsership on the Onion web site.

But, Sesame parodies can vary from funny, to distasteful, to pointless name change so they don't get sued!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I didn't see the cartoon (I'm using a library computer at the moment)<<<

Hey, me too! Yeah, sucks I cant check out movie trailers or mp3s on here(I go tot Gateway for that!) Anyways, youre not missing much, that cartoon in question is beyond upsetting IMHO.

Ernie101

Reaction score
it would still offend me no matter what it was.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

But, Sesame parodies can vary from funny, to distasteful, to pointless name change so they don't get sued!
Yeah that is agreed definitely. I don't know if its still around, but go back a few days to the post about the Modern Humorist doing their bit about the AIDS character. Now Those were FUNNY! I liked them alot...esp. the Heat vision Muppet. :big_grin:

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw it....

ERRRRRR.. I kinda liked it. "cept for the part with Fozzie and Bert. Distrubing!!!

I am soooooo sorry!!!!

ANyway, I knda sinned against Muppet fans too (AND I'm A Huge Muppet Fan!!!!)

I made a sock puppet video called Monster Cr***house. It's kinda like something you'd see on Mad TV. I stole the name from "Monster ClubHouse," but that's the only similarity!

It featured Edgy and Groggy, two puppets I made, one sounds like Chong (of Cheech and Chong) and the other sounded like a guy from a Blaxploitation film from the 1970's.

I can't tell you anymore. But there's one part where one of them says it's time to be chased by an elephant. One says, "What!?!?" The other says..."Dude, am I the only one that sees an elephant here, man?"

Once again...sorry!!!! :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I made a sock puppet video called Monster Cr***house. It's kinda like something you'd see on Mad TV. I stole the name from "Monster ClubHouse," but that's the only similarity!<<<

I believe one can say "Monster Crackhouse" on here(ya just cant say ******* or *********** !) Just dont say Bear in the Big Blue Crack House or i'll have to slap ya upside yo head!

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I haven't seen the lil ole cartoon thing, but from what I read from these posts, I would feel better not watching it.

I don't like it when they desecrate things from my childhood. I was real uncomfortable even with Roger Rabbit and the cartoons hanging out in the bar and cussing and stuff. It felt like they were mocking my family.

Okay, maybe I took it too personally. But I'll still refrain from watching this little clip thing.