MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
HOLY COW!!!!! I NEVER thought of this!!! Spring 2003 is absolutely PERFECT!!! To be honest, I think the international people here will have a much better time being able to gather funds and get ready if its in march or around. This is just incredible, thanx so much for posting. I know this is just a rumour, but man...could you guys imagine this???

m u p p e t f e s t 2 0 0 3 ?

what a way to start the year off! itd be like a past, present, and future of muppets, in their 48th year! heck, I can just imagine what palisades and other companies would have in store (like a mini toy fare or e3) the possibilities are endless. between muppet xmas special and other stuff, i forgot how busy jhc is.

oh, to janice0078:

>>do you think that you will have another Muppet Central pre-convention party if they do have one in the spring? I wasn't aware of Muppet Central before the first Muppetfest and from what I've read, it sounds like I really missed out.<<<

oh that would be a must! unfortunately, i came in a bit to late to the mc get together last year, but luckily there were still a few people left. the MC people are warm and friendly and very personable! Heck, last year Phil and Cindy were giving away tons of free Muppet buttons (by a very cool frgoboy4 design!)

Anyways, if this pans out, this is too cool! I so would love to meet those MC folks that didnt get to be there last year, the new MC folks, and of course the people i met last year! ^_^

EmmyMik

Reaction score
While this scoop makes me cautiously happy, I can't help but think "Why not Summer of 2003?"

While I have no idea how many scheduling conflicts and so on, but it would definitely be easier on me. I wouldn't have to worry about missing classes and so on (I am such a nerd!).

However, I don't think that the Creation and JHC people will sit around a table and say, "No, not that weekend. Emmy has finals."

Oh well, we shall all have to wait, see, and hope that there is another MuppetFest...

Luke

Reaction score
It probably WILL be Summer of 2003. It's not really a scoop either because a lot of us knew that the likely date was around early Summer of 2003, i think i used to go on about it on the old forum all the time. There was never a real full on attempt at doing Muppetfest this year - sure they would have liked to do it in October and made some effort to get something together for late this year but they have always wanted Summer dates and because the original Muppetfest was so delayed it made doing Summer 2002 an impossibility, plus of course the company (and parent company) is in SUCH a state right now.

Basically the real news was that all attempts at doing something this year have been abandoned and depending on who buys the Henson Company, or what state the company is in if it stays with the present owners, they would LIKE to do something next year, possibly as early as Spring (but it'll likely turn out to be very early Summer). The suggestion that 'planning is underway' (as per the main page) is a little strong because they have no idea whats happening so they can't really plan.

So i guess the news is there but it got candy coated along the way and thats probably a good thing because it puts a positive spin on things rather than 'Henson Gives Up On Plans For Mupetfest 2002'. I don't think theres any need to start raving about Muppetfest or starting threads planning on which Muppet thong you'll be wearing to the party - nothing has really changed whatsoever. Those 'fine people at Creation and Henson' would LIKE another Muppetfest, but depending on which company buys the Muppets it may well never happen - i would LIKE a new red Ferrari convertible but i don't see any car dealers trading one for my collection of belly button fluff right now either.

I guess we shall wait and see, and await the official press releases as and when they are err released ! :big_grin:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
- i would LIKE a new red Ferrari convertible but i don't see any car dealers trading one for my collection of belly button fluff right now either.
Well, perhaps if you were wearing your muppet thong, your belly button fluff would be more valuable!
:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

Well, perhaps if you were wearing your muppet thong, your belly button fluff would be more valuable!
:big_grin:
Maybe if i posted a picture up on Ebay - might that help ? :cool:

towels

Reaction score
Well, I have a friend who got in the "Weirdest Things on eBay" book for selling his wart. I think it was the no-cloning disclaimer that held down the bids.

Hey, even better, glue your fluff on Bunsen's head and sell him as a rare non-bald factory error!

Foreignman

Reaction score
THIS IS GREAT!!! And you know what folks, you know what!?!?! You know where I live?!?! NEW YORK!!! I live in the likely location for the next Muppetfest, I'm so happy!!! I missed last Muppetfest because it was so close to September 11th and I was a little afraid of flying at that time, so I hope this, my first Muppetfest, will be half as good as the event you made it out to be last year.

The Gobeek

Reaction score
I did not even know about the last MuppetFest-so this news is awesome! I don't know how I managed to be out of the loop the last time around but, it will not happen again!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MUPPETFEST 03!

Way cool!!

So, NOW I should be able to find a way to afford the trip to Santa Rosa to see the grand opening of the Charles M Schulz Museum!!

I hope. AND be able to attend MuppetFest.

I just hope everyone can come, from far and near, and we can have another MC Famiy Reunion!! Maybe the second night there we can all bring out puppets to a Reunion Dinner? Muley's pumped for it all.

Later!
FOZ

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
towels

Well, I have a friend who got in the "Weirdest Things on eBay" book for selling his wart. I think it was the no-cloning disclaimer that held down the bids.
That's discusting...

ahaha!lol! i fell out of my chair!

Zack)Rowlf the, i can't finish...

Status
Not open for further replies.