MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Well, I just stumled upon this corner of the forum boards. Since I was not around for last years Muppet Fest, :frown: I will just mention two things I can think of, and leave the major planning to the pros.

1) For a photo op, I am sure they are very leery about letting folks pose with/touch the actual Muppets, so how about the Muppet Show/B] sign, with Gonzo and his trumpet? That way we can stand in front of and slightly below it for a nice effect.

2) Have it in Florida, so all of us west-coast folks can incorporate a trip to Disney MGM and buy even more mupp-stuff without paying eBay fees! LOL

3) - I know i said two, I lied.....
:big_grin: A PALISADES EXCLUSIVE :big_grin:
Something cool, I see on the list of upcoming figures some exclusives *cough* Floyd Variant *cough* that are not sold as of yet, what's to stop us from buying one and having it all to ourselves?

Just some top of my head ideas

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Next MuppetFest: Spring 2003

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the current status of MuppetFest 2002 through conversations with the fine people at Creation and Henson.

A Muppet convention this fall won't be happening due to schedule conflicts and the recent company changes going on right now with Henson. Many of you have been waiting to plan vacations and such around this event, so I wanted to pass this info on to everyone as soon as possible.

The good news is that Creation is actively working on MuppetFest 2003 as soon as next Spring, possibly even in early March. The east coast is still the target. New York City is likely but it may be somewhere else as well. Keep in mind anything can change once Henson's new owner is in place.

This new date may be a blessing in disguise as hopefully the company itself will be in a more stable position by next year, and the Fox series may be rolling out the gates around that time if things stay on schedule.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

YESSSS !

Not to be mean to the others who wanted it this year, But now its a whole lot better for them all anyway !

Cause i can probably come !!!

Yayyyyyy ! Woo Hoo ! Yessss !

Thanks !

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
That's great!!!! :smile: There might be a possibility that I will go. I just have to convince my parents. :wink:

scarecroe

Reaction score
That sounds good to me. More time to save, more time to plan, etc.

Is this the latest news since Michael Dixon at Kermitage.com hinted that it might be this Fall?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
MuppetFest 2003

Now that we've had some word from Creation and Henson on MuppetFest II, let's get back to talking about what we want! (If I've gotta wait till March for MuppetFest, I'm gunna do a lot of wishing for neat stuff.)

I'd like a longer MuppetFest day so it can incorporate some breaks. Maybe an evening screening of one of the movies? (If it is in NY, I have to vote for Muppets Take Manhattan.) A break in the middle of the day so everyone can get something to eat without missing anything would be good. Also provide more time to check out things like the museum.

I'd love to see more clips from Sam and Friends and the SNL skits.

How about a little tribute to Richard Hunt? Clips of his characters and like that.

I still want photo ops, but I think the person who posted that Henson might be leery about having all of us handling the Muppets is right. How about just a painted plywood replica of the TMS sign where we can pose with our heads in the O? Maybe a prop trumpet we can hold?

Hey while we're on the subject of plywood, what about a stand up Kermit we can pose with? Like the cardboard presidents you can pose with in DC and movie stars in LA? Or one of those old boardwalk stype plywood things? Ya know, painted to be Kermit and Piggy without heads and you stand behind it and your head in place where their's should be? (Okay, that was very poorly worded, but hopefully someone knows what I mean.)

And of course the Palisades exclusive. Maybe displays of other upcomign merchandise-- like any of the busts that aren't released yet?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: MuppetFest 2003

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Now that we've had some word from Creation and Henson on MuppetFest II....
Well, neither Henson nor Creation has said anything about it. At this point, information is all conjecture until we get official confirmations. Even though people like Phil and Danny Horn and Michael Dixon have contacts with people who work for Henson, nothing should really be set in stone until an official announcement is made.

I'm all about a Spring 2003 MuppetFest though. One thing that I'd love to see again is another live Muppet Show, although, I think last year's show was something particulary unique to the first convention and all. On the other hand, why not do it again? If it were anything like the first one, it would be worth the price of the ticket alone.

A tribute to Richard Hunt is an absolute must. His loss gets overshadowed by Jim's far too much.

I'd love to see more fan participation, too. To coincide with MuppetFest II, I think the organizers should hold a presentation of Muppet fan Websites. Sites that pay tribute to the work of the company from various aspects and angles. Not a contest, but rather a chance to submit your site to be approved by Henson and listed in a hand-out to the folks who attend the convention. As has been stated in various online Muppet communities lately, the offerings of Muppet fan sites in relation to fan sites of other medias (ie: Star Trek), have a very little following on the net. This would be a great chance to expose people who are unaware to the presence of the online Muppet fan to a whole new world of Muppet cameraderie.

A diverse online Muppet community, is a healthy online Muppet community. More people who spread out and make fan sites on the net equals more people who are exposed to the world of Muppet Fandom equals more in attendance at Muppet conventions equals higher chaces of future MuppetFests. And where there are conventions being held for Muppets, there is promise for future projects that continue the lineage that started what we're all there for.

Remember when Jerry Nelson asked the audience who there was from MC and about 1/32 of the audience raised their hands? How cool would it be if Brian Henson got up on the stage and said, "Let me be see a show of hands for how many of you are a part of the online Muppet Community"? Bill Sherman's Muppet Home Page, rec.arts.henson+muppets, Muppet Central, Tough Pigs, Kermitage, Muppets Online.... all staples of the online fan community. Everyday, I look forward to seeing this expand and I think Henson's recognition of us, without favor to one portion or another, would be entirely positive for the company, the talent, for us, and for the future of Muppetdom.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I really want Fraggles !

And some Muppets that would be behind us, We can stand infront of them and have our picture done.

They wouldnt be 'on' us, They could be a few steps back, So we cant touch em - LOL!

See ya

Janice0078

Reaction score
Muppetfest II

Thanks for the update--do you think that you will have another Muppet Central pre-convention party if they do have one in the spring? I wasn't aware of Muppet Central before the first Muppetfest and from what I've read, it sounds like I really missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.