Muppet references on "Full House"

wiley207

Reaction score
I know this is an odd idea, but it can be done, since Joey Gladstone is played by, the 1986 to 1990 voice of Baby Animal, DAVE COULIER!

Well let's see, on the first episode from 1987, Jesse (John Stamos) and Joey try to get baby Michelle (Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen) to stop crying, Jesse tries yelling "HEY, SHUT UP!" but when that fails, Joey imitates Kermit the Frog. He says, "Uh, hi Michelle. It's me, Kermit the Frog! Now, you don't wanna cry, do ya?" That doesn't work either (she needed a diaper change!)

In another episode, Joey mentions that for Halloween, maybe they can rent Big Bird and Snuffleuppagus costumes, but that's a Sesame Street reference, same with 16-year-old Kimmy calling Jesse and Joey "Bert and Ernie" in one episode.

But there is ONE episode I heard once, where Joey says he knows THREE languages. He says as Kermit "I'm, uh, fluent in Frog..." the studio audience laughs, then as Bullwinkle the moose, he goes "Let's see, I studied moose at Whatsamatta U.," the audience laughs louder, and the finale... (as Popeye) "And I speak just a smattering of sailor. AH-gagagagagagaga!"

Also, Joey had this cute Baby Gonzo doll in one ep (the one where Jesse's twins are naughty). He says imitating the adult Gonzo, "The big guy sat on my nose!" Then he imitates the nose going HONK! But that's a joke, since the only other adult muppets he can do are Stantler and Waldorf, like on Muppet Babies!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Dave Coulier is an incredible mimic.First watched him on Out of Control.I hear he's a very good hockey player too.I do remember the muppet references on Full House(yup I admit,I watched it too).:eek:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You shouldn't be ashamed to admit that. I used to watch Full House all the time. It's one of my favorites. I also liked Dave's Muppet impressions. Another one to mention was that hockey episode where Joey and Michelle were imitating :smile: and :mad: .

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
In one episode when Jesse and Becky find out that they are going to have a baby, Michelle is talking to Jesse and asks: "Will it be a boy or a girl?" Jesse tells her that they are not sure, so Michelle says "Then you should name it Big Bird". That always made me laugh! Later in the episode Michelle goes up to Becky to say goodnight, and says "Goodnight, Big Bird". Becky glares at Jesse and says: "You named our baby Big Bird?" :smile:

Frogster

Reaction score
I remember when Joey had to face off with a hockey enemy from the past, he made some horrible impersonation of Kermit to try and cheer Michelle up. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Where can you meet a mimic like Coulier? I'd LOVE to get some mimicry going--I could do like he did on FH and mimic for laughs! I'm trying to be a mimicking comedian, if that helps.

BJ

BTW, I LOVED Full House, but I didn't see the connection with MB until recently.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Full House rules!

Oh yeah, there were quite a few Muppet references on Full House! That's one of my all time favorite shows. I remember really liking it as a kid just to see Joey do all the "funny voices". He did a great Bill Cosby impression in the first episode! I'm pretty sure he also did the Kermit impression in the first episode. :smile: (but I'm not positive, although I know it did involve Jesse and Joey trying to get Michelle to stop crying.)

but that's a Sesame Street reference, same with 16-year-old Kimmy calling Jesse and Joey "Bert and Ernie" in one episode.
Well, Sesame Street and The Muppet Show all have Muppets, so I think we can count either one.
By the way, it was Stephanie who called Jesse and Joey "Bert and Ernie". This was in the episode "Jingle ****" where they decide to work together in advertising. Jesse initially says they'll be like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Later on, in DJ and Steph's room, they name famous duos that they can be and Steph adds "Bert and Ernie" at the end, to which they shake their heads "no."

I also remember Michelle calling Jesse and Becky's new baby Big Bird. Big Bird's been mentioned a couple of times. In the 2nd. episode "Our Very First Night", Jesse catches DJ and Steph pulling out ice cream to eat and asks them, "Shouldn't you girls be in bed dreaming about Tweety Bird, Big Bird, Larry Bird, or something?"

But there is ONE episode I heard once, where Joey says he knows THREE languages. He says as Kermit "I'm, uh, fluent in Frog..." the studio audience laughs, then as Bullwinkle the moose, he goes "Let's see, I studied moose at Whatsamatta U.," the audience laughs louder, and the finale... (as Popeye) "And I speak just a smattering of sailor. AH-gagagagagagaga!"
I definitely remember that one. That was hilarious! :smile:

I do seem to remember Joey and Michelle doing Kermit and Miss Piggy voices in that episode where Joey plays ice hockey against an old rival, but it's been a while since I've seen that episode.

Also, Joey had this cute Baby Gonzo doll in one ep (the one where Jesse's twins are naughty). He says imitating the adult Gonzo, "The big guy sat on my nose!" Then he imitates the nose going HONK! But that's a joke, since the only other adult muppets he can do are Stantler and Waldorf, like on Muppet Babies!
I've heard about this reference before and it must be one of the few Full House episodes I haven't seen. I want to see this one sometime. :concern:

There's probably more that we haven't named yet. I mean, the show only ran for 8 years, with 192 episodes!!!
(And after watching the 2nd. Growing Pains reunion just recently, this is another 1980s show that needs a reunion!)

ScooterRocks

Reaction score
I've got a set of Full House cards, and on one it even says that Dave
did the voice for some of the Muppet Babies. I Love Full House!! :cool:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Coulier did Animal for the entire run of MB, i just went to Dave's official website and it had that...search for Dave Coulier on Yahoo...

BJ

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Coulier did Animal for the entire run of MB, i just went to Dave's official website and it had that...search for Dave Coulier on Yahoo...

BJ
Actually, Animal was originally performed by Howie Mandel. :halo: :halo: