Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

MWoO

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
You're right that WOULD be nice. Much like the "Muppet News" which appeared there, with the Muppets doing various stunts and stuff. Not sure if anyone remembers that?
The what? Is it still up? LINK!

unclematt

Reaction score
Frogster said:

If this is an indication that something GOOD is on the way, then I wish all of them the best of luck. Let's hope they pull through and not pull embarrassing stunts, like they did making VMMCM, where they had to put perverse material in to sacrifice the Muppets we already loved.
Sorry, I have been away for a few days but I wanted to address this topic. VMMCM brought the Muppets up to date. It did not sacrifice the characters by putting them in "perverse material". If the scene that is being reffered to is Scooter dancing in the GoGo Box I thought it was very clever. There was nothing perverse about it. There was not blue language. They did not speak or act sexually explicit. We need to let the Muppets get with the times. The 1970s Muppets will flounder and fail if that is the material that is put out today. The Muppets need to be brought into the now if they have any chance of survival and I think VMMCM did a very good job of doing that.

MWoO

Reaction score
What most people seem to miss about AVMMC is that the "perverse" scenes were the BAD universe were everything was horrible. Would you rather Scooter be president in the Kermitless universe and show Kermit that he really isn't needed?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
MWoO said:
What most people seem to miss about AVMMC is that the "perverse" scenes were the BAD universe were everything was horrible. Would you rather Scooter be president in the Kermitless universe and show Kermit that he really isn't needed?
I agree, and I think it's odd that people miss that. Personally, I LOVE Very Merry, and I thought that the weakest bits were, no offense all you Bill Barretta people out there, you know who you are, the Pepe/Miss Bitterman scenes. Just wasn't funny, IMO. But that's an entirely different conversation.

YAY pilot filmed and in the can! Does anybody know when the Disney execs are watching this? And what's the BIG NEWS from Dwayne?!?!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
As a member of the BBB this might be surprising, but I wasn't too fond of the scenes between Pepe and Bitterman either, with the exception of Pepe's comments about Dot.

Now when Pepe was describing it all to Kermit, I thought it was hilarious!

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is very very very exciting news! I had to be careful not to scream too loud in excitement because everyone else in the house is sleeping lol. I hope we get a new great Muppet show! And as long as all the characters still have the same performers, then it won't be SO bad right?

And as for Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, I thought the Kermit-less scenes were really funny, especially Scooter in the cage and Sam the Eagle waving the glow sticks around. Oh yeah and Statler and Waldorf not buying drinks for "the girls" :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this is great im really exited not about the pilot but you all really didnt know it but you just helped me with the suprise i have lined up for you all. Im going to go and start working on it right now. I will give you all a little clue. It has to do with asking somone involed with A very Merry Muupet Christmass Movie.a lot of qustions. Thouse of you who know please dont tell you know who you are!!!

Luke

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Sorry, I have been away for a few days but I wanted to address this topic. VMMCM brought the Muppets up to date. It did not sacrifice the characters by putting them in "perverse material". If the scene that is being reffered to is Scooter dancing in the GoGo Box I thought it was very clever. There was nothing perverse about it. There was not blue language. They did not speak or act sexually explicit. We need to let the Muppets get with the times. The 1970s Muppets will flounder and fail if that is the material that is put out today. The Muppets need to be brought into the now if they have any chance of survival and I think VMMCM did a very good job of doing that.
I agree totally, and thats what they are doing, and even if Bill and Brian write a new movie, they'd be doing it in that as well. I don't think anyone involved with the Muppets wants to see things exactly like they were in the 1970's and i think the fact that a lot of the Muppet stuff does seem a bit dated to the general public is part of the reason some things fail. Some people love the "classic" feel to it, and as hardcore fans we should, but it just isn't going to fly with the mass market, which is what they need. And i think the Pepe/Bitterman scenes and the Kermitless universe stuff was very funny and exactly how the Muppets should be now. When i watch the Muppet Show and see some 3 minute dance number with some of the lesser known Muppets it make me think how they just couldn't do that on TV nowdays, the pace is so much faster.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Personally, I like it when the Muppets are a little edgier and updated. The Muppet Show's humor wasn't exactly the same as Rowlf's humor in The Jimmy Dean Show. It was more adult. Not saying Rowlf on Jimmy Dean wasn't funny, but the Muppets were still updated from that. Coolio said it best: The Muppets are hip just being the Muppets (paraphrased).

Now, that doesn't mean the Muppets can't grow with the times. So long as at the heart of it all they're the Muppets.