Muppet Film and TV References

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
One of my favorites? On the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, Michaelangelo said, "As a Wise Frog once said, 'it's not easy being green!' He didn't know the half of it!"

Yeah, that's one of my brother's favorites. Let's see what all I can remember that hasn't been mentioned here yet.

Full House: Quite a few "Sesame" references here. Of course we have Joey's Kermit impressions. Also, in an earlier episode (Jingle He**) Stephanie mentions that Joey and Jesse should be partners like Bert and Ernie. Then they both say, "No puppets." (Yes, I know that should have been Muppets.) Also, in the episode "Rock the Cradle," the family is playing Pictionary and Michelle keeps guessing big bird. Then when it's her turn she draws Big Bird (of course her drawing doesn't look much like Big Bird, but you know what I mean.) Later in that episode she asks if Jesse and Rebecca's baby is going to be a boy or a girl. Jesse says that's just what they'll call it until they find out if it's a boy, or a girl or a nine-foot yellow Muppet. (I know that's an error, because Big Bird is only eight feet.)

Hmmmm. Here's another one...

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch: Libby is turned into a puzzle and Sabrina has to find her missing pieces. She finds a collection of something with something else that doesn't fit in that collection. Then her Quizmaster starts singing "One of These Things Just Doesn't Belong Here."

I'm sure there are many more of them. I'll have to post here when I think of them.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There was one on Friends once where Monica and Pheobe are talking about some guy with a long, barely pronouncable name. Rachel comes in and hears them talking about this, and remarks, "Who's Mr. Snuffa-Snuffleupagus?"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
A few more I thought of...

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Episode "Do You See What I See?"

Sabrina: Miles still thinks Bert and Ernie were sent here by the supernatural.

Hilda: I wish those two would just come out and lay that rumor to rest! (Something, like that. I might have to check the transcripts page for the exact wording, but you see what I mean.)

Hollywood Squares:
Tom: Have they ever discussed pregnancy on "Sesame Street?"

Brad Garrett: Yes, it was with a character called the Nookie Monster.

Full House Episode "Divorce Court:" Two SS references here: Danny, Joey and Jesse have a race and bet that the winner chooses the costumes for the losers at the Halloween party. Joey remarks that he already picked out the costumes, "Big Bird meet Mr. Snuffleupagus." Also, later in that episode Stephanie said that sharing a room with Michelle is like "a nightmare on Sesame Street."

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There used to be a show called "Bone Chillers" on ABC and at the end of an episode about a crazed ape, the school cook comes out with a stack of Banana Cream pies in his arms and sings out "TEN BANANA CREAM PIES!" And of course, he falls over and makes a mess.

Classic Sesame reference. Gotta love it.

radionate

Reaction score
I don't know if this one has made it into the list or not, and I'm not about to go back and read them all.

On "Animaniacs", in the short "Video Review" (available on the video "The Warner's Escape", "Muppet Family Christmas" is featured, with a very ugly Kermit and Piggy (who also make a cameo at the end).

(This post features the most quotations I've ever used in my life!) :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
radionate said:
I don't know if this one has made it into the list or not, and I'm not about to go back and read them all.

On "Animaniacs", in the short "Video Review" (available on the video "The Warner's Escape", "Muppet Family Christmas" is featured, with a very ugly Kermit and Piggy (who also make a cameo at the end).

It was mentioned a while ago, back on the first or second page. Hope this helps!

radionate

Reaction score
I didn't want to go thru the tons of posts, yet it was the second one. My bad for not even looking. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
how come no one ever thoght of this?

INTER MUPPET MUPPET REFFERENCES!!!

First episode of the Jhh

Digit, while under the TV influence states, "Today's show was brought to you by the letter Friday, Joe Friday with more precipitation Saturday morning... and you are NO jack Kennedy"

Muppet Babies

On the episode where they have a Newspaper, they show a brief clip of Oscar the Grouch.

On another (I forget, it must have been last season) Fozzie and Gonzo were in a blimp, and they flashed a Picture of Big Bird.

Sesame Street

Papa Bear picks out names for the new Baby.
"Lesse... Fuzzy...Wuzzy..Oooh! Fozzie!"
"That's a terrible name for a bear!!!"

(there are others, but I can't think of them)

Muppets

On Hollywood Squares, Kermit Mentioned Bear in the Big Blue House

On Muppets at Walt Disney World, Piggy is astride a giant Nazi Plane, shooting Machine Guns at the Indiana Jones Exhibit, to which Kermit says, "How are we going to explane this to Big Bird?!?!"

uncleduke

Reaction score
What a great thread

Don't know if these were posted or not, I tried to read all the other posts, and didn't catch them:

In the MST3K Episode "Angels Revenge" Crow sees one of the extras killed in a shoot out, and says "they Killed Jim Henson" (he did sorta look like him)

The Blues Brothers

(literally) moments before the Mall car chase a patron in a toy store holds up a plush (either Grover or Cookie Monster) and asks "Do you have any Miss Piggy?"

An American Werewolf in London

During David's nightmare, where his house is attacked by Nazi Wolfmen, the family is watching the Muppet Show on TV

Into the Night
In (I think) the hotel Lobby, you can see Jim Henson on the phone, talking to Miss Piggy!
(also, Jeff Goldblume and Michelle Pfeiffer take a stroll down a very familiar looking street....

gosh, maybe John Landis is a closet Muppet Fan?

jediX

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was brought up in an earlier post but Big Bird cameo'ed on the short-lived Dan Ackroyd show "Soul Man". I have this episode on tape, actually....(don't ask me why...lol)

Last night while I was watching tv during a Sister Sister rerun they made some obscure reference to Sesame Street, I can't really remember WHAT was said but I think it was along the lines of "they wouldn't do that on Sesame Street".