Muppet Film and TV References

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
In the Peter Sellers movie Being There, Sesame Street is seen on a TV set. To be exact, it's a clip from #1037, where Buffy sings to Big Bird.

casanovOz

Reaction score
MST3K

I dowloaded and old episode of Mystery Science theatre 3000, who have made many muppet references which I can't exactly remember. but this episode was called "Deathstalker and the Warriors from ****." and they saw the bad guy and Mike said "he looks like Sam the American Eagle"

lol, I dont think there's ever been a Sam reference

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: MST3K

Originally posted by casanovOz
I dowloaded and old episode of Mystery Science theatre 3000, who have made many muppet references which I can't exactly remember. but this episode was called "Deathstalker and the Warriors from ****." and they saw the bad guy and Mike said "he looks like Sam the American Eagle"

lol, I dont think there's ever been a Sam reference
As I think many MuppetCentral long-timers know, I am a very big MSTie.

Once I have every episode (I have about 95 now, so I still have a ways to go), I'm going to go through and find all the direct Muppet refs and send them into Ward E at the Info Club. :smile:

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
One of my favorites? On the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, Michaelangelo said, "As a Wise Frog once said, 'it's not easy being green!' He didn't know the half of it!"

On some episode oof My wife and Kids (I dislake the show, so I wasn't paying attention) Damian said someone looked like a frog, then called him Kermit, and did a bad impersonation of him....

leliebel

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I forgot the most obvious Yoda refference. SPACE BALLS!!! In it, Mel Brooks plays a rumpled up old Jewish wiseman named Yogurt! Yogurt the wise! Yogurt the Powerfull. "Please! I'm just plain Yogurt!"

I hate Yogurt! Even with Strawberries!!!

Man! I love that movie!
oh is that the one with:

"water, water..."
"oil, oil..."
"roomservice, roomservice..."?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Has this been listed yet?

The other night, I was watching a rerun of That '70s Show. The title of the episode was "That '70s Musical". Anyhoo, they started the episode out by singing "Sing a Song" from Sesame Street. It was "pitchy neat."

Beauregard

Reaction score
I got one.

Die Another Day:

Jinx: Are you here for the penguins or just the veiw?

There!!! A muppet reference!!!

Also in So Long and Thanks For all the Fish by Douglas Adams there is a reference to a lumonous Kermit doll!!!

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I was just watching "I Love the '80s-1982" and Michael Ian Black is summing up "Rocky III" by saying-

"The plot of 'Rocky III' is as follows: Sylvester Stallone appears on 'The Muppet Show' , Mr. T is in it, and Rocky fights Mr. T."

They even had Kermit looking out of the O!:smile:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
This is a computer game reference, but what the hey:

In Worms: Armageddon, at least for some of the voice banks, when you attack someone with Air Strike, one of the possible things your worm will say into the walkie-talkie to call in the air strike is "Come in, Big Bird!"