"Muppet Babies" closing theme

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just watched the clip provided, and I don't ever remember the closing theme being like that, though I've seen most of the first season episodes. And I don't think I got a clear answer the first time, so I'll ask again: was the closing theme music replaced on Nickelodeon? Was it later replaced in reruns on CBS to match the newer closing theme (I know that first seasonr eruns initially replaced Little Muppet Monsters, though I don't know if CBS continued to rerun every episode untill the series ended).

wiley207

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they replaced the theme on Nickelodeon. They also didn't show the original ending tags; they just showed one in a restaurant and Animal in a big thing of dough.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
I'm pretty sure they replaced the theme on Nickelodeon. They also didn't show the original ending tags; they just showed one in a restaurant and Animal in a big thing of dough.
What do you mean by that? I know that the "go bye-bye" sequences shown after the credits were shown. Are you referring to something else? I also know that the opening was shortened in most episodes, though I recall seeing a few episodes with the longer opening on a few Nickelodeon broadcasts.

At the end of that You Tube clip, I saw some kind of logo, which was hard to fully see what it was supposed to be, but I don't ever remember that logo being shown.

wiley207

Reaction score
Here is what happened in this tag:
The Muppet Babies except for Animal were at a table in a fancy restaurant. A waiter (his head is obscured by one of those big silver platters), says "Dinner is served." He shows them the platter, which is a big blob of dough. The babies say, "Mmmmmm!" But then the blob begins moving and the babies panic. The blob opens to reveal Animal, who says "Go bye-bye! Yababababababa!"

The logo you saw in that clip was an early Marvel Productions logo where the logo shines a bit and that's it. Following that is a Henson Associates logo where the exclamation point shines. I have a clean copy of those credits, but it's got a Playhouse Disney announcer over it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mind "best ofs" as long as they weren't syndication edits, like the original Disney released ones in the 90's. They even cut the "Go Bye bye" tags clean off half the episodes.