"Muppet Babies" closing theme

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Although Little Muppet Monsters never came on in Australia, I am aware of it as they showed a clip of it in Muppets A Celebration of 30 years. I remember telling my brother Joel that I would love to see that show! I didn't know it only lasted 2 shows in America.
I too have noticed that the closing theme to Muppet Babies was that of LMM. JJandJanice's post no doubt explains why!

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I haven't seen Muppet Babies in so long, I never even knew that. (Contrary to popular opinion, I have heard the LMM theme.) Thanks for that cool bit of trivia.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The fact that Little Muppet Monsters has been so tightly locked away is a crime. Do you think there's any chance we'll ever see them again? Even if it's only on YouTube?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
I haven't seen Muppet Babies in so long, I never even knew that. (Contrary to popular opinion, I have heard the LMM theme.) Thanks for that cool bit of trivia.
It's what I know, I'm a total Jim Henson geek, :smile: .

As for seeing "Little Muppet Monsters" ever agian. I can't see it happening, it had such a short run, they I don't there will ever be much of a demand for it.

But there is always hope, :wink: .

mjb1124

Reaction score
Well, if we ever get Muppet Babies season sets, maybe they could include the two aired LMM episodes on the season 2 set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never noticed that the closing theme was ever different. Was the first season closing theme replaced in CBS repeats, syndication, and/ or Nickelodeon broadcasts?

I could see Little Muppet Monsters being released. Only 18 episodes were made. Even if people don't know about it, the Muppets are popular. Just put the logo on there, include a photo of the monster kids, and then put images of the animated versions of the Muppets around it. Maybe have the animated Kermit (in detective attire) next to the logo, and the Pigs in Space cast near the bottom. The Muppets are popular. Use them as the selling point.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I can't see us ever having Muppet Babies DVD sets, there is too much other non-copyrighted stuff, from Star Wars to Henson (since it's now owned by Dinsey), old cartoons and tv shows and so much more.

If you really want to see an episode of "Little Muppet Monsters," try to do some tape trading on this forum. Check Kermieclown, I'm sure he has the very first episode on VHS, he usually likes to trade, but if you don't have anything to trade. Give him like ten bucks and he'll send you a copy, I've done much bussiness with him, he's great, trust me, :smile: :wink: :crazy: .

mjb1124

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I never noticed that the closing theme was ever different. Was the first season closing theme replaced in CBS repeats, syndication, and/ or Nickelodeon broadcasts?
For the most part, my only exposure to the show was when WNYW (Fox 5 NYC) was airing repeats on weekday afternoons in the early '90s, and those airings retained the original closing theme on the season 1 episodes. You can watch a season 1 closing here.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I kinda wish we had a JAW-DROPPING smilie.

HOLY BUCKETS!! Wow, I never knew how different the show's ending in the 1st season was to the rest of them!! I'm shocked!!

BJ

wiley207

Reaction score
Playhouse Disney UK has the original closing theme on Season One episodes. But I think the Little Muppet Monsters theme makes a better Muppet Babies closing theme.