Movies You Want -- and Still Need -- to See

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I liked Shrek pretty well, but I was only moved to see it once. I'd like to see Shrek 2, but for some reason I connect more with Pixar's films.

Actually, having just seen the trailer for Robert Zemeckis's adaptation of "The Polar Express" with Tom Hanks, I have to say that's on my short list of must-see films!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked the book when I was a kid, but now I can't stand it... I don't want to get into anything, but the *&*^&% illustraition teachers put that stuff up on a pedistal.... the drawings are great, but there's little reason needed for why it's a bed time story... it's that cozy christmassy, hug up to you're mother in a log cabin with hot chocolate sweetness that turns me ill... I'm always up for something wild and crazy, but yet sophisticated... like Monty Python...

Now if it were John Cleese in the movie....

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the warm fuzzies, in my opinion--I'm glad that there's craziness to counterbalance it, but I'd miss that kind of Christmas story if they didn't write or produce them anymore. Nothing like a comfortable cup of cocoa on a cold winter's day...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey, has anybody here seen the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? Naturally the film was already near the top of my must-see list, but the trailer somehow made me want to see it even more! I think, perhaps, that the Simpsons can sum this up best...

Lisa: "Be careful, Dad. You are the highly suggestible type."

Homer: "Yes, honey, I am the highly suggestible type."

:stick_out_tongue:

Seriously I have GOT to see the new Harry Potter movie!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oooh sounds good!

I also want to see Cheaper By the Dozen! I just don't hope all the star power doesn't get in the way of the film!

Drtooth

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Nothing wrong with the warm fuzzies, in my opinion--I'm glad that there's craziness to counterbalance it, but I'd miss that kind of Christmas story if they didn't write or produce them anymore. Nothing like a comfortable cup of cocoa on a cold winter's day...
Warm fuzzys just don't do it for me any more... I like a little action, a little comedy... just not bratty little kids running around. which brings me to:

>>I also want to see Cheaper By the Dozen! I just don't hope all the star power doesn't get in the way of the film!<<

No way... ain't gonna see it. I like Steve martin and all, but not even Him, Jerry Seinfeld and Robin Willaims being in it would make me see it (they aren't, of course, I'm illustraiting a point). The movie sufferes from being a carbon copy of Daddy Day care with a few older kids. It seems like a sit com piolot that didn't sell, so they made it a movie instead... I mean, somewhere out there is a script that's a billion times better than that lying in a landfill... sigh... being an art student really makes you feel negative about these typoes of things, you understand...

However, Teacher's Pet the movie (finally, a Febuary Disney movie that isn't a cheapqual) will be the first thing I see next year... What can I say... Nathan Lane, Debra Jo Rupp, Jerry Stiller, and David Ogden Stirs together... It's a wonder that show wasn't as successful as it should have been!!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, I gotta see "Cheaper By The Dozen" for the feature-film debut of Tom Welling. Gotta support good ol' Clark Kent.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I liked Shrek pretty well, but I was only moved to see it once. I'd like to see Shrek 2, but for some reason I connect more with Pixar's films.

Actually, having just seen the trailer for Robert Zemeckis's adaptation of "The Polar Express" with Tom Hanks, I have to say that's on my short list of must-see films!
Ooh, I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I really want to see that! Anything with Tom Hanks is likely to attract my interest (though I must say I was quite disappointed in "Road to Perdition" :frown: ) and I really liked the book. And who is it that's in the movie that just died? Is it Richard Harris? I forget now. :confused:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Mmmmm... I'm feeling cozy already. (I am, actually, here in my grandma's warm basement after a day in my heat-less house! :eek: ) I LOVE warm and fuzziness, in art, movies, literature... whatever. Give me Thomas Kinkade, Precious Moments, Hallmark and all the rest every day of the year -- I'll be happy!! :smile:
Erin