Movies You Want -- and Still Need -- to See

jediX

Reaction score
Ya think? Aside from becoming Vader and the purge of the Jedi, Anakin sorta kills....well...I won't spoil it for the outsiders :wink: You can try and guess yourselves.

Mwahahahahhaha :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, lots of death and destruction and good-guy-turning-into-bad-guy. I much prefer bad-guy-turning-into-good-guy. "Jedi" was my favorite of the original 3, largely because of that factor. The whole family thing was really moving, and that look on Han's face after Leia's "He's my brother" is just priceless. And those Ewoks are *adorable*. :halo:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Based on my theories, e3 will be the opposite of e6. Whereas Vader redeems himself in e6, he succombs to anger in e3. The plot of the movie? I don't know, but I've read accounts of inside sources that seem valid enough. Take for example the end of e1 with the parade. Notice a similarity w/ e4? E2 and e5 end with similar camera shots too. Then again I just overanalyze things.

Jedi is my fave, too :smile: The only creepy part is that Luke discovers he has been basically lusting for his own sister. ::cringe:: Ewoks rule despite what people say. We even made a little hood for our lhasa apso several years back so she could be an ewok for halloween. It was adorable, I wish I had taken some pics.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Aw, that sounds cute. I was an Ewok for Halloween when I was 6. Hehe, the whole having a crush on his sister thing was kinda weird, but it just translated into brotherly/sisterly love. One way or another it was clear there was a connection. It's nice that the way it worked out, Han and Luke both won out! I wonder who Leia would have gone with if Luke hadn't been her brother...
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
She always wanted Han, even if she was a you-know to him -- just playing hard to get. Think of all the times they would have ...uh... yea in "Empire" had the meddling 3PO not interrupted. The whole "I love you", "I know" thing is classic.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, it did seem like there was more romantic chemistry between her and Han than her and Luke. The "I love you" "I know" thing made me sad when I first saw it, with the horrible frosen-in-carbonite thing. :frown: (I hated Star Wars for several years because of that scarring scene...) I love "stuck-up-, half-witted, scruffy-looking... nerfherded!!!!!" And it really cracked me up the first time I heard it (at least that I remembered, because I'd seen the movie before...) because my dad would always call us nerfherders and I never realized where he got it from.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I gotta say... I know SW3 will be dark in tone, but I'm really looking forward too it. It's hard for me to be critical of any Star Wars films, because I basically go bananas for them. I liked Episode 1 quite a bit, and LOVED Episode 2. I loved the action, I loved the love story, I loved the thickening plot. I'm enjoying the Clone Wars cartoon so far, and I am really really excited for Episode 3. There are plenty of other movies I'm looking forward to before then, but that's the goal for me. Once I see that, I'll be a satisfied moviegoer.

:excited:

tiggie0686

Reaction score
Actually...hmm...see, I like the OLD Star Wars, so I guess episodes 4,5, and 6. I thought Episode 1 was decent, but I absolutely hated Episode 2. My sister and I went to see it together and the only part both of us enjoyed was when Natalie Portman was running, because she runs funny. But that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you, cause it seems there are lots of SW fans here, and I just wanna say I don't wanna offend anyone by posting this.

jediX

Reaction score
Episode 1 would have worked better, in my opinion, as an episode zero -- its just building up the world anyway. That way, episode 3 could have centered around the Empire building its power and all that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally my it list is short so far. Of current movies I want to see that I haven't are

Looney Tunes Back in Action
and Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles rerelease if it's a world wide thing and not just the UK.

you couldn't apy me to see Elf, Haunted House or Bad Santa (even if Bernie Mac is in it) and all the other films are a year away... But Shrek 2 and (if it's released in 2004) the Wallace and Grommet feature lenght movie are definately the tops...