MMW Reactions Theory

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Like I said before, the reviews were baffling. Just... really...like they wanted to see a Jason Segal movie with the Muppets in it and cursed the film for being a slight disappointment on a level of not being the same exact tone of the last movie (while oddly not praising the better quality in editing and pacing that makes this new film work on a better level).

Now, Muppet movies or otherwise, when a movie is a slight disappointment- and this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine- then it's a million times worse than a movie that's bad all around. And heck, Bad movies get more respect than good movies that are slight disappointments. That seems to be the theme. It wasn't as "tgood" as the last film, so it's HORRIBLE! Really? These are professionals?! I've seen more in-depth and fair reviews from amateurs.

By all means, this film was better put together, less emotionally manipulative, and didn't need a leap of faith to appreciate. I dearly do love The Muppets, but MMW was a better Muppet movie all around.
I did not think MMW was a slight disappointment, I thought it was a major one. the Muppets made me laugh, cry and sing along. MMW made me, quite frankly, bored. And I agree that critics should know what they are talking about, but I also think that sometimes Muppet fans (quite understandably) want to love Muppet movies because they are the Muppets, and they will love them even if they suck. I thought that this movie was a lot of cheap jokes strung together with a vaguely interesting plot and some famous actors attempting to make up for the sad writing. Don't get me wrong, I love the Muppets

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"And everybody knows that the sequels never quite as good" says not me! I hope Disney still sees the potential with TM's and doesn't let the disappointing numbers at the box office stop a "possible" TV show going forward.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I did not think MMW was a slight disappointment, I thought it was a major one. the Muppets made me laugh, cry and sing along. MMW made me, quite frankly, bored. And I agree that critics should know what they are talking about, but I also think that sometimes Muppet fans (quite understandably) want to love Muppet movies because they are the Muppets, and they will love them even if they suck. I thought that this movie was a lot of cheap jokes strung together with a vaguely interesting plot and some famous actors attempting to make up for the sad writing. Don't get me wrong, I love the Muppets
Sorry, I didn't get to finish that post- my computer was being weird. Like I said, I love the Muppets, but not everything they do is good, and just because I see Kermit singing doesn't mean I have to like it. I thought the last movie was excellent, well-written and hilarious! But I just didn't feel the same way about this one.