Meet the Feebles: A sick take on the Muppets

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Personally I will never watch it. I just don't find that sort of thing at all appealing to my tastes. But it's up to you to each make your own individual decision.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have said it before - I consider Meet the Feebles the most offensive film ever made, yet I am also proud to have it as part of my collection. There is no fear of it ever becoming a break-out hit. It is a small little cult classic. It was a labor of love for Peter Jackson. He actually poured his own money and snuck into the lot to shoot extra footage when the studio had ceased production and intended to release it in an incomplete state by Jackson's standards. The puppets aren't top-notch, but if you look through the crude nature of the film the desire to do their best is evident. This is not a film for most people. If you don't think it is for you it probably isn't. You must understand and enjoy this type of filmmaking for it to be watchable. I have a personal distaste for Crank Yankers because it tries too hard to be cool. This tries to offend and disgust everyone and in that it succeeds. 2/5 stars for a film, 3.5/5 for an cult classic.

Telly

Reaction score
I haven't seen this film since VHS. I didn't like it back then, but having a much more appreciative likenes for film in general, I woudn't mind viewing it again.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Ahh, Peter Jackson. His early films were so bad they were good. Has anybody seen "Bad Taste", The ninja-cowboy-alien-splatter film that made no sense at all. I personally did think that "Meet the Feebles" was ok, in the "so bad it's gotta be good" genre.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've never seen it, I can't find it anywhere, but I'd like to at least see what all the fuss is about.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it, I can't find it anywhere, but I'd like to at least see what all the fuss is about.
Amazingly enough it is on Netflix! It really should come with more of a warning. It's not for the usual rental crowd. :eek:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i found the dvd at newbury comics for 5 bucks new about a year ago

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Amazingly enough it is on Netflix! It really should come with more of a warning. It's not for the usual rental crowd. :eek:
Really? Well the new Xbox LIVE experience drops this week and Netflix will be a part of that package, so maybe I'll be able to download it from there. Thanks for the heads up, Jamie.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
It's like Watching a different version of Beavis and Butt-Head from What I've Heard.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Not to be compared with Beavis and Butthead, it's much more clever than that. Very clever.