Making Custom Accessories

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
I strongly Disagree, Heavy wieght Styrene, is going to be much more durable than Polymer clay , Polymer clay is fine for certain aspects of puppet construction, Teethm speciual shaped eyes, noses, but a thin delicate structure like the rims and stems of glasses will be quite delicate, even if you build up a layer of clay around a wire support it simply will not last long in a puppet that will be performed for any lenghth of time, it might be fine for a one off that will sit on a shelf after its purpose has been served but if you want it to last a long while, i would not use the polymer clay

DumbAscii

Reaction score
I guess I'd agree if you're making them super thin, or expect your puppet to take a lot of abuse. (STOP PUPPET ABUSE NOW!) IMHO, it's much easier to work with. I've used it in other applications and its proven pretty durable, but to each their own.

Jester

Reaction score
Styrene

I've never worked with styrene before, what type do you recommend for the job, and what is the easiest way to cut it? Thanks for the suggestion Ravage I will sure give it a try!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
go to MIDWESTPRODUCTS.COM

go to materials, then go to Super sheets,

check out the PVC foam, .080" , or the Styrene sheest at .80"

checkout here for a Styrene Glue, IPS adhesive, http://www.rplastics.com/weldon2354.html, but you can also use Cynoacralate glues, (like super glue)