Lord of the Rings Trilogy Tuesday

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The first Trilogy Tuesday screening at the Paramount in Toronto sold out, but they opened a second theatre (the one I was in) and there were lots of extra seats available...I heard some people here didn't try to go because they assumed it was completely sold out, which was not the case.

I also have some more info on the SideShow/WETA collectable I mentioned they were handing out Tuesday. Seems everyone who went to Trilogy Tuesday anywhere did indeed get one. They're a true collectable - no two are exactly alike and they are not available for sale. New Line had them made as an exclusive for the event. I imagine a few will be turning up on ebay soon.

Click here for a picture of one and more info.

bats1972

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have loved to have gotten one of those collectable clips. In my area the marathon sold out super quick too. No second day was added and in a 45 minute area around my house there are at least 7 big theaters and on one carried the event.

I was disappointed by that.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I LOVED this movie!!! I thought it was so awesome! And, yes, I did get a bit teary eyed........if this movie doesn't get an Oscar we will truly know there is something wrong with the world.

I'm having the same sense of "loss" that there won't be anymore but fingers crossed, God-willing they will be able to make the Hobbit.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Trilogy Tuesday sets are all over E-bay now, if you feel like spending the money to get them.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
James brought home one of those sets...I hear no two are alike.

About the movie.....WOW. Leaving the theater, all I could say was, "WOW." I thought I'd end up being REALLY upset a/b how they cut Saruman's end & the House of Healing, (and I WAS), but the movie's STILL fantastic w/o it!!! I mean....WOW. Gotta love movie's like that....I LOVED the ending...And I ended up being SOO happy to see that everybody ends up happy in the end!!! :big_grin: Any movie that makes you care THAT much a/b the characters...:big_grin: WOW. (We just got back from watching it, so I'm still kinda in a state of shock!!!)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Man, those WETA sculptures are so cool. I would love to get some of them, but they're way out of my price range. My favorite is the one with Sam and Bill the Pony, and the Gandalf ones are awesome.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm so jealous! My brother saw RotK already!! He said it was good but too long. Three hours and 20 minutes is pretty lengthy, but I don't think I'll mind. And I'm sure if I think it's too long, it'll be in the battle parts, not the end that I've heard some complaints about. A lot of people complained about the beginning of Fellowship being too long, too, but I loved that part; I would've been happy with them taking twice as long to get to Bree! :halo:
Erin

bats1972

Reaction score
I thought the end of ROTK was fine, it could have been longer as far as I am concerned.

I loved the beginning of Fellowship, loved it more when the extended version came out. I too wouldn't mind if the trip to Bree had taken longer. Anything to see more of Hobbiton.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
bats1972 said:
I thought the end of ROTK was fine, it could have been longer as far as I am concerned.

I loved the beginning of Fellowship, loved it more when the extended version came out. I too wouldn't mind if the trip to Bree had taken longer. Anything to see more of Hobbiton.
Yeah, Hobbiton has always been my vision of the ideal place to live. :flirt:
Erin