Lord of the Rings Trilogy Tuesday

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Is anyone else going to go to "Trilogy Tuesday" - the screening of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy - in their town this Tuesday?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I don't think they have it here. :confused: If they do, it hasn't been advertised, and I can't go anyway - working all day. :frown: I'm not suure when I will see ROTK; I don't get out of work until 11:30 on Tuesday so that's cutting it awfully close for the midnight screening. The first two times we didn't end up seeing the movie until after Christmas just because of the way things worked out, and that may be the case this year.
Erin

Baby Animal

Reaction score
I would have loved to, but it has been sold out for at least a month. Instead, 5 of us are going over to my parent's house (large flatscreen/widescreen TV) to watch the first 2 and then go to the midnight showing at the local stadium seating theater. That should be a blast!

I wish I would have bought tickets for Trilogy Tuesday back in October :frown:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I found out about the whole day LOTR too late. But I am going tomorrow night to a midnight showing. Love Sac is presenting this and they are having a pizza party before hand and all sorts of prizes and then after the movie they are serving breakfast. It's going to be cool...... :smile: :excited:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
My little brother's THERE, right now!!! A theater nearby in Hrahan's showing Trilogy Tuesday!!! One of our friends' mothers is good friends w/the manager that theater, & she managed to get a ticket for him after a last-minute cancellation! He was SOO excited!!! He went w/a big group, and most of them are in costume! (He's been working on that costume for MONTHS!) I'm REALLY excited he got to go, but I admit, I'm REALLY jealous!!!!

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Well, didn't go to Trilogy Tuesday, but held my own. And then went to the midnight showing. Oh man!!!! What a great movie! If the Oscars don't look like below, then something is wrong:

Best Picture:
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Best Cinamatrics:

Best Makeup:

Best Actor:
Elijah Wood, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Best Supporting Actor:
Ian McKellen, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King or
Viggo Mortenssen, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King or
Sean Austin, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King or
Gollum/Smeagol, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Best Score:
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King or
Kill Bill :smile:

Best Book to Movie Adeptation:
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

And more... can't think of them off the top of my head. It was great!

I'll see it again soon.

bats1972

Reaction score
Baby Animal said:
Well, didn't go to Trilogy Tuesday, but held my own. And then went to the midnight showing. Oh man!!!! What a great movie! If the Oscars don't look like below, then something is wrong:
I agree whole heart. I went today at 11:00am. WOW!!! Best Trilogy ever. What else can I say. It was just fantastic.

The only down side is they are all done. Now I will look forward t seeing it a second time and then the extended version next year.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
bats1972 said:
I agree whole heart. I went today at 11:00am. WOW!!! Best Trilogy ever. What else can I say. It was just fantastic.

The only down side is they are all done. Now I will look forward t seeing it a second time and then the extended version next year.
Well, there is at least the possibility of a prequel. Though it's quite a different type of story, if Jackson tackles "The Hobbit" as has been rumored, it would make me very happy. :smile:
Erin

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This was very cool....by the end you had a real sense of taking a "journey" and it was a treat to finally see the extended editions of the films at last. Some people have been disappointed by the lengthy epilogue, but personally I loved it and I think it will be a crime if they don't get best Director and best picture.

BTW, they were giving out a WETA/Sideshow film frame (containing one actual film frame from each of the movies) in Toronto. Did anybody in other cities get this or something else?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I just got back from seeing it and I agree, it's wonderful! It WILL win best picture, etc. I'm very confident about that! The Trilogy Tuesday in my town sold out the same day tickets came out.

I can't wait to see this again! And even though I'm insanely happy that it was such a great movie, I'm so sad that its over now! (besides the extended which should be AWESOME).

Oh! I'm so giddy, I can't possibly go to sleep now! :excited: