List of Changed Channels

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I can't say it's a fully changed channel, I'm none too happy about the live action programming additions, nor am I happy with Dreamworks clearly pulling the Classic Media shows (or charging too much?) that they used to air late at night. It's awesome they have like 2/3's of Archie's Weird Mysteries (which I could totally buy the entire series if I could actually find it and cheap)... but I miss my midnight He-Man.

But those live action shows... Taste Buds- awful... some boring period piece crap that would bore the heck out of anyone under the age of 12 (and most over too)... and Animal freaking Atlas.

Seriously... how the heck cheap is that show? it's like on every channel to fulfill that freaking FCC thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's cheap, it's lousy, there have been hundreds of better nature programs... it's just a lazy, cheap solution for local stations to keep their FCC license instead of putting actual programming on.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
ABC is worse as well. They have something called Litton's Weekend Adventure for teens.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's the same sort of thing, anyway... cheap to produce programs to keep their FCC license while paying lipservice to the TV/EI standards.

Of course, I really hated what ABC Kids became before it turned into Litton's anyway. They just kept rerunning the same 12 episodes of Emperor's New School and The Replacements over and over for at least 4 years. Never even touching the rest of the first season of both shows, let alone the second. Like I said before somewhere else, this was the brainchild of the incompetent moron who was the head of ABC Daytime. The one that replaced One Life to Live with The Revolution. Otherwise known as the show no one wanted.

Not a fan of Litton polluting CBS either, but considering their line up consisted of Busytown Mysteries and Doodlebops Roadshow (just what no one was asking for), it seems like a lateral move, if anything.

(Seriously... Cookie freaking Jar. Oh, we can't produce that amazing new edgy Inspector Gadget series, but we can make a cheap flash cartoon about a kid's band that was never popular from 10 years back that still sucks. So glad DHX owns them now)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like Sundance is following suit now.

Isn't Sundance dedicated to the more avant-garde, shoe-string budget, underground, indie movies and shows? They're having a LAW & ORDER marathon as we speak. Wut?

Also, I think it may have been brought up in another thread, but apparently Boomerang has been murdered and is being replaced by some kind of a copy of what CN used to be back in the day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... The only thing that remains of remotely classic Boomerang is Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and the Scooby Doo Movie Mysteries, and the original Tom & Jerry stuff.

Forgot about this thread, but another prime example how back on October 13 2014 The Hub got bought out and converted into Discovery Family. So much for the theories about Disney buying out that channel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dang, I forgot all about The Hub (which was a perfectly good, albeit short-lived) going bye-bye... and I see they're playing Christian programming right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It hasn't completely changed. And I'm betting that's because a certain show of an equestrian nature is the biggest hit the network still manages to have. It's not so much Christian programming (unless you know something I don't) as it is reused Discovery network programming that, let's face it, isn't going to gain any ratings that ALF and Happy Days reruns didn't already have. My main complaint is that it did force Robots in Disguise over to CN, where they'll have to deal with bad time slots, invisible advertising, and the sheer network scrutiny that they had the luxury to avoid back on their own channel. But as long as MLP:FIM and Rescue Bots continue to air on DFC, it may just make a positive impact to slowly regain Hasbro's stake in the channel.