Life's A Not-So-Happy Song

blackaerin

Reaction score
You've gone and surprised me again with a time skip!
Aw, I was looking forward to reading the moment where Mokey gives birth and they both meet their new baby for the first time.
But still the image of Boober being a loving (if a bit high strung) father and boyfriend just melts my heart. :flirt: He reminds me a lot like Marlin from Finding Nemo.
I laughed at the description of Pepper pouncing on a boy and it turns out to be Boober. Jokes about Boober's height never fails to amuse me, though I do wonder how tall would Pepper be compared to him.
The part where Boober's holding onto Pepper's tail reminds me of those kid leashes, and I could totally hear his voice when he's trying to be stern and insist that they visit Mokey quietly.
Speaking of Mokey, seems that the pregnancy didn't go too smoothly if she's still in pain from giving birth. Poor dear, hopefully she'll be back to her old self again. She also seems to have developed an overprotective streak in her as well.
But goodness, Pepper's only a few weeks old? Smart cookie. Must've gotten her smart genes from her dad. Then again, maybe Fraggle babies mature quickly and then never really grow out of childhood.

The part where the rest of the Fraggle Five come in was lovely, I could see them all in my head, puppets and all, saying the words naturally, especially the part where Red just charges through her cave and Boober chasing after her then getting kicked out and ranting about it. So very Boober and I daaw-ed a little when Mokey pulls him aside to calm him down.
And uh oh, looks like someone fell in love. Already Pepper's got Uncle Wembley wrapped around her fingers!
And there you go ending this great chapter with an amazing ending. Super Boober seems something that Sidebottom would come up with, I wonder if Pepper inherited Boober's suppressed silliness or has Sidebottom been talking to her when Boober wasn't looking?
Overall, you've more than made up for Boober's quietness from first chapter in this one. He positively shines in this chapter. Mokey however I'm a tad worried character wise, she hasn't done much besides being sick and passively overprotective, but I can't really blame her in this situation. Also, though we've had plenty character establishment between Boober and his daughter, we haven't seen Mokey talk to Pepper this chapter, which I find a little odd, since Mokey strikes me as the sort of mom that loves talking to her kids, tired or not. Something along the lines of How was your day or Have you been causing trouble for Daddy again? etc.
Again, I did love the little de-stressing session as it brought her back into character, so I guess when Mokey's not tired, she's mostly herself.
Can't wait to see what trouble little Pepper gets herself in and out of, poor Boober seems to have his hands full with her. But then again, I commend him for bravely facing the challenge of taking care of a rambunctious and hyper kid while Mokey recovers.
Update soon! :excited:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
We Got Us: Thank you! When making this chapter the whole time I was just thinking, Ok, what would (insert Fraggle here) do at a moment like this? I tried my best to make it Fraggly. I'm glad you like Pepper, she's my first Fraggle, but I don't think I'll be making more for quite awhile. And finally my name, My all time favourite muppet is Floyd, I have a major obsession with him..... :sing: You can call me Kitty though, that's what alot of people call me at my school...:big_grin: Anyways, yea you'll e seeing Pepper when she's older soon, not next chapter though, maybe the one after. I'm actually currently trying to figure out how to draw Pepper as a baby so I can post it.

blackaerin: I would've done the whole part with Mokey giving birth and them seeing her for a first time, but I wanted this story to stay, well, "appropriate". Now that I think about it he does really remind me of Marlin from Finding Nemo... ah memories :big_grin: I would think Pepper (when she's older) would be a bit shorter than Mokey, and taller than Boober, she's probaly always be making fun of how she's taller! I think she would be smart like her dad, I actually think that her "personallity" would be like Boober, well mostly like Sidebottom, but Sidebottom is the fun side of Boober, and she would get her looks from Mokey.
When writing fan-fics, I usually picture the Fraggles doing exactly what happens in my story in real life, it helps alot. Ah, I see that you noticed Wembley and Pepper. Pfft, it's not like anything's going to happen between them..... :wink: :coy:. I tried to make Boober more Boobery in this chapter, but I guess I'll have to work on my Mokey as well. Thanks for the advice!

I'm probaly not going to be able to update untill next Tuesday, because I can really only write this 'fic on my computer at my dad's, the whole thing is saved on that computer and not the one I'm on currently. :fishy: Fishyyyyyy!

Collgoff

Reaction score

Hope you like her, sorry if I got anything wrong, had to improvise the colors a bit.
And sorry if this pic's a bit huge, darn tinypic wouldn't let me resize.
I love your picture!:dreamy:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score

Hope you like her, sorry if I got anything wrong, had to improvise the colors a bit.
And sorry if this pic's a bit huge, darn tinypic wouldn't let me resize.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It's so awesome I absolutely love it!!! I can't stop smiling right now!! The colours are awesome, it's exactly what I pictured her as!!! You didn't get anything wrong, it's just... PERFECT!!! YAAAYYY!!! :big_grin: :excited: :flirt:

blackaerin

Reaction score
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It's so awesome I absolutely love it!!! I can't stop smiling right now!! The colours are awesome, it's exactly what I pictured her as!!! You didn't get anything wrong, it's just... PERFECT!!! YAAAYYY!!! :big_grin: :excited: :flirt:
Glad that I got her right, yay! :smile:
Will try to draw a pic of the whole family together sometime in the hopefully not too distant future! :wink:
(wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, I'm a notoriously slow drawer. :dreamy:)

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
That would be AMAZING if you did that!! I don't mind waiting at all!! I might want to try drawing the Fraggles together, including Pepper, but I'm not that good at drawing the other Fraggles :sigh: