Life's A Not-So-Happy Song

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, I made a new fan-fic :smile: Please comment what you think and if I should continue, and can you comment what I could do to make it better? Enjoy! :coy:
Chapter 1: Introduction

It was a dark and stormy night; the rain was pounding against the rock out in Gorgs’ garden. The path to the radishes was all muddy, so it was unable to cross. This didn’t bother any Fraggle, because they were all in their caves, sound asleep. The rain was good though, it ran down the well and into to pond, helping the Fraggles with all the water sports they did.

All the Fraggles were asleep, having sweet dreams; all except one Fraggle. Mokey sat in her bed, looking up at the colourful painting her special feather. She had a lot of thoughts on her mind, and they were all leading to just one topic. She sighed, putting her hand on her stomach and turning over. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach and groaned, tightening her hand, and then letting it loose stroking her tummy. She tried to be silent by holding her breath when she heard her roommate, Red, start to move.

“Mokey? Are you alright” Mokey closed her eyes, and let out a breath of air,

“Yeah Red, I just can’t seem to fall asleep, that’s all” The sweet voice calmly said.

“Are you sure? With something this big, I know it’s not only about falling asleep, trust me, I think I would know. Do you want me to go and get Boober?”

“It’s alright Red” She groaned, and clenched her stomach again and squeezing her eyes shut.

“I know it’s not alright Mokey, I’m going to get Boober whether you like it or not” The red haired Fraggle got up out of her bed and went to get the Fraggle that Mokey was dating. Mokey reached out to Red,

“Please, Red, please don’t” But she was already gone.

A moment later the two Fraggles appeared, and saw that Mokey was curled up in her bed in pain.

“Mokey!” The moppy haired Fraggle ran over to her and grabbed her hand. “Are you alright Mokey?”
“Yes, I’m alright!” Mokey tried to act like everything was normal, but nothing was normal. Her stomach was filled with pain, and it wouldn’t stop for another week or two, it would just get worse.

Boober looked at the pink Fraggle, and stood in silent for a moment then looked at her stomach. “…How’s the baby?”

Mokey put her light brown coat over her larger-than-usual stomach. “She’s fine” Mokey frowned and tried to look away. But Boober grabbed her head with his hand.

“Look, I know you didn’t want to have a baby, but it’ll be alright. We’ll make sure that she has a lovely life” Boober lightly kissed her forehead, “When is she due again?”

“She’s due in just a couple weeks”

“Well until then, try to get some rest” Boober gave her a small smile and walked out the door.

“You see Mokey, I told you Boober would make it better, now go to sleep, you have a big day coming up” Red winked at Mokey and climbed into her bed.

Mokey sat in her bed with her hand still on her stomach. She closed her eyes and tried to think about everything, it was hard though. Everything was coming so fast. She almost just started going out with Boober, and now she’s pregnant. She just moved caves with Red; her old one was getting too cramped. Her favourite plant Landford had just passed away. It was just too much stuff at one time. Mokey closed her eyes, the only thing she hoped right now was that her baby turned out to be just perfect, and had an amazing life.

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
...I just noticed the title has nothing to do with Fraggle Rock..... I couldn't come up with a title so don't complain :stick_out_tongue: :smirk: :embarrassed:

blackaerin

Reaction score
Well, I can certainly say that you've caught my interest with the big reveal near the end.
I'd also say congratulations Mokey, but I get the sinking feeling she's not looking forward to the new arrival. Poor Lanford, must've broken Mokey's heart to have him pass on.
Oh, but so many questions! I just hope they'll be answered, or at least made clearer next chapter.
My only gripe is that Boober seems a bit off. You'd think he'd be even more nervous for Mokey's condition than she would be and getting called over in the middle of the night would probably have him automatically assume the worst and take a while to calm down. And even after being assured that everything was fine considering the circumstances, he'd probably ask Mokey if she needed anything like tea or another pillow or even offer to stay with her.
Also, since he's practically the de facto doctor of Fraggle Rock, wouldn't he already be aware of Mokey's due date?
Ah, but I'm getting a bit carried away.
I loved the little kiss in the end, so very glad that Boober and Mokey are together though I'm guessing the next two weeks and beyond will be a little straining for the both of them.
Keep it up! Looking very forward to where you'll take this story!

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!
I actually wasn't plainning on having Boober in that chapter, but anyways, I'll try my best to answer questions... For the first question, this is my first time writing about Fraggles so I sometimes might get stuff wrong...:sigh:... that might not answer your question like you wanted to, but it's a little hard to explain. Sometimes when I do write I'll think alot about it in the beginning, but then as I'm writing I'll stop thinking things through for some reason, like how Boober is practically the "doctor." I guess that also answers your second question but I'll also say I needed to somehow say when the baby was due, and that's the only thing I could think of...
And don't worry about getting carried away, I always do that as you can probaly see with my comment. And I like when people ask me questions :smile:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Wowzers! Your gutsier than I am, I must say. I love Fraggle romances (I don't know why, but the idea of Boober dating ANYONE just tickles me pink, and I really love him and Mokey) So now we get to see Boober in paranoid OVERDRIVE, which I'm really looking forward too. Can't wait for more!

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Thank you!!!! I think Mokey and Boober make a couple couple, she seems to always be hugging him anyways :wink:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Hi! Here's the new chapter! I'm not sure what size I did last time, but I think it was this one..... so, enjoy!!!!! :big_grin: (By the way, I'm happy right now, no reason :coy:)

Chapter two: Pepper

Daddy” shouted a little, light purple Fraggle. She was running straight at the orange haired, hatted boy; her dad.

“Uh, yes dear?” Boober, the overly-stressed Fraggle was hard at work doing laundry. He looked up from his washing board to see a small Fraggle wearing a turtle necked, grey sweater jump on him, knocking him and his soap and water filled bucket to the ground.

“Daddy, where mommy?” The little Fraggle with a big heart, named Pepper was sitting on her father’s stomach. She had a big, bright smile on her face and her fluffy, darker purple tail was waving everywhere with excitement.

“I told you, mommy doesn’t feel well, I gave her some tea and she should be feeling a bit better by tomorrow.” Boober lifted his daughter off of him and held her in his arms while cleaning up the big mess.

“We see?” Pepper asked with enthusiasm, she was cuddling her dad and wasn’t letting go.

“Yea, we’ll go and see if she’s feeling any better” He was beside Mokey, and her friend Red’s cave, so he could hear if she called for anything.

“Yay, we see! We see!” The Fraggle was trying to hop out of her father’s arms. He gently let her down and grabbed onto her tail right when she tried to speed away. This didn’t hurt the Fraggles because of one of their most known games, Tug-a-Tail.

“Daddy, no pully my tail!”

“Sorry, but you can’t just run at mommy like that, she’s in serious condition. Which means we’ll go see her quietly” He said while glaring at her. He kept on holding onto Pepper’s tail so she didn’t run and scream to Mokey, her mother.

~~~

“Hey Mokey, how are you doing? Need another tea? Is anything wrong? Does your tummy still hurt?” He whispered while entering the cave, hat in hands. The tall, quite slim, pink Fraggle was lying down in her bed, just resting. She tried to get up so she could see her family.

“No Mokey, don’t get up, it’ll hurt” He said while rushing over to her. He lied her back down on her bed.

“B-But I want to see my baby, she’s not safe without me!” Mokey said, reaching out to her daughter, Pepper.

Boober was getting really worried, he gestured the small, purple Fraggle over to him. When she got there he picked her up and gently put her on top of Mokey’s tummy, Pepper’s warmth and just her being there would ease the pain, he knew.
“Hi mommy” Whispered Pepper, she knew that her mother was in pain, but she didn’t know what type of pain it was. Pepper only thought that Mokey had a stomach ache, which was true, but it was mostly her pregnancy and birth.

Mokey held the tinier Fraggle close to her, not letting her go, like she was the most important thing ever. Mokey had given birth to Pepper, the father was Boober. It had been a couple weeks since she was pregnant, but the pain hadn’t gone away much. Pepper was a light purple, with darker purple fur spots. She had long, straight light purple and light blue streaks. She wore a small, grey, turtle necked sweater with a matching hat. She was smart for her age, and already knew a couple words, like mommy and daddy. She knew how to walk, but stumbled at some points. Pepper was a really excited and joyful child, unlike her parents, who are a bit more calm and quiet.

After a little while, Pepper had fallen asleep on Mokey, and she too looked like she could use a nap. Boober smiled at seeing his beautiful daughter Pepper, and his beautiful girlfriend Mokey, happily asleep together. He sighed, and left a glass of tea that he made earlier on a table nearby. Boober slowly backed out of the room, trying not to awaken them.

“Hi Boober!” Boober jumped and spun around, to see one of his Fraggle friends, Gobo, standing there with a smile on his face.

“Gosh, Gobo you scared me! And don’t you know that there are two Fraggles trying to sleep around here!” He ushered the purple haired Fraggle off to the side, and continued to clean up the mess that Pepper made earlier.

“Well gee I’m sorry Boober; I just wanted to see how Mokey’s doing. I haven’t seen her for a couple days.”

Boober had gathered up the mess of clothes and put them in his wash bucket for later.

“Well her stomach still hurts, and I’m not letting anyone go and see her until further notice!”

“Oh hi Boober!” Said a sporty girl named Red, and walked into the cave.

“Hi Red.... Red!” Boober ran after Mokey’s roommate Red and left Gobo standing outside of the cave by himself.

“Hi Gobo! What are you doing?”
Gobo listened to the voice, and without even looking knew who it was.

“Well hi Wembley, I was just over here to see how Mokey’s doing, but she doesn’t seem to be doing so good. Wembley was a green haired, younger Fraggle; he wasn’t much younger, but he wasn’t the oldest of them all. They both jumped when they heard a crash from inside and two Fraggles yelling, soon to be one baby crying as well. Mokey suddenly showed up at the door, holding her teary eyed daughter in arms. She walked over to the two boys.

“Uh, hey Mokey! How you’ve been?” asked Wembley, looking at the small fluff in her hands.

“Oh good, just been resting that’s all” replied Mokey with a smile on her face.

“So that’s your new daughter, eh?” whispered Gobo, also looking at the small Fraggle in her hands. Mokey walked over to them and showed her to them, so they could see her face.

“Wow Mokey, she’s awesome, congratulations!”

“Yea… she’s beautiful” said Wembley, staring in awe at the little one.

Mokey laughed a bit and said, “Thanks guys, I love her, and I think so does Boober” she looked over her shoulder to the door when Boober stomped out of the cave and over to them.

“Sometimes I can’t stand that girl! She goes and wakes up you two, and when I try to reason with her, she just kicked me out!” He said, frustrated.

“Boober, calm down! Will one of you guys please hold Pepper for a second while I get Boober de-stressed?” She stuttered while handing over Pepper to Wembley, double thinking whether to give her up or not. It’s not like it’s a life time thing, it’s just for now. She thought to herself. Mokey gently grabbed Boober by the shoulders and led him over to her cave.

Wembley was staring at the little, adorable thing in his arms. “Pepper……”

After a moment Boober came out of the cave again. “Wembley, can you give me back my daughter please?” He whispered to himself, “I don’t want you getting germs and stuff on her”
“What? Oh, yea sure” Wembley carefully handed over Pepper to Boober. Gobo and Wembley left the cave, so he could continue cleaning up and taking care of Mokey.

Once they left, he put Pepper down and told her to play quietly near him so he can keep an eye on her. She agreed, nodding her head. She went over to the cave wall; which wasn’t that far away from her dad. Boober was just finishing up doing wash. He sat down on a stool, and wiped his forehead. About a minute later, he saw his little bundle of energy zoom by and into the cave. What he saw was that she had taken off her sweater, and tied the arm sleeves around her neck lightly, so she wasn’t wearing her shirt, but was using it as a cape; when she ran by, he heard her screaming “SUPER BOOBER!” laughing at the same time. All he did was sat, sighed, and stood up to see what the heck she was doing.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ok....awesome! A lot to love in this chapter, so I'll start with:
The whole concept. Poor Boober as an unexpected father is...amazingly....wow, a word I can't find in the dictionary. Suffice it to say, it works. And it works well. And I'm gonna be up all night thinking about ways to make that into a series of fics. (And crediting you of course) :big_grin:
Pepper is honestly adorable. My first thought was ">groan< Not another cutesy-baby type!" but the way you kept describing her as a ball of fuzz, the few words she new, and the tail tugging...and the warmth, were all very fraggle-ish and baby-ish, and my maternal instincts won out. Love her already!
Boober is going to be a good, (if doting and overprotective) father, I can tell. And I love that image.
I'm very worried about Mokey and her condition, almost as much as Boober, but it's so awesome how protective she is of Pepper. And little Wembley with a baby...>squueee!!<

Now this:

Will one of you guys please hold Pepper for a second while I get Boober de-stressed?”
May have been the best part (loving Mokey and him as a couple...de-stressing....OH! >squees into pillow<), but it is in fierce competition with this:

after a moment Boober came out of the cave again. “Wembley, can you give me back my daughter please?” He whispered to himself, “I don’t want you getting germs and stuff on her”
Because I love Boober being germo-phobic AND protective of his baby WHILE making a concerted effort not to hurt his friend's feeling.
So, this made me smile and happy-sigh a lot. Thanks MissPepper! (I get the namesake by the way, wonder if this is developing into something...? But I'll wait patiently and see.) The ending was adorable. Cant' wait for more!