Let's face it: DC2 is a LOW BUDGET movie!

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Re:

I would bet that the film is going to be incredible as well. My concerns however are in regards to the little information we have on the film. Spring or Fall 2008 doesn't really matter to me. What matters is communication. We are the people who made DC the success it's been, and we should be the people who are communicated with the most. I just don't get it.
I hear what your saying. Part of that problem might be due to the fact that really they havent adopted proper venues to do that with. Their official website is pretty stand alone, aside from the odd press release here and there. They should setup a a more personal section to that site, to setup production dairies, videos, blogs, comments, etc. Lucas Film has always been top notch in this department, they should take a page from their book. Im not sure, but I believe the current Dark Crystal Blog is run by Gelfling Waldo (whos Muppet Newsflash is fantastic resource btw, even breaking stories sometimes, good job mate) and not by the company itself. I visit that blog all the time and although its first class, our buddy Waldo can only scoop so much stuff for it. If Im completely in left field and Henson actually did setup that site, then they got the whole concept of blogging wrong needless to say.

They do need to get with the times to keep fans, and maybe even more importantly potential fans, up to date on their projects via these new avenues. We talk about the Dark Crystal, but the company is optioning other novels and works quite often. In due time I suppose.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
I GOTTA WAIT TIL FALL 2008?
MAN DO I NEED MY DC2 FIX NOW! THAT'S OK AS LONG AS THEY WANT TO DO IT RIGHT, THEN I DON'T MIND WAITING.
TAKE THE TIME, DON'T RUSH, ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY.
I JUST HOPE IT HAS THE SAME " FEELING " THAT YOU GET WHEN YOU WATCH THE DARK CRYSTAL.
AND PLEASE, NOT TOO MUCH CGI. JUST A GREAT STORYLINE, AND, OH YEAH MUPPETS!
I was hoping for Spring aswell. I have made it kind of a project to secure a festival ticket package and attend one of the first screenings of this movie, the 2nd or 3rd if not the opening, regardless of what festival it debuts at... I want to be there. Looking at the new release info of late 2008, is it possible that the Power of the Dark Crystal is Utah bound? Now that would be awesome.

Your right about the storyline, thats 90% of it, I think thats in good hands.