Lady Gaga names pet dog Fozzi

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Wonders if this is a typo and she meant "Fozzie" as in the comedian bear from the Muppets as others have speculated here... Or if it's correct, as in tribute to "Fozzi" the rock band fronted by WWE wrestler Chris Jericho. :confused:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh, also another possibility, Ed! I didn't know there was such a band. I assumed due to the fluffy personality of the Dog, and Gaga's previous interactions with Muppetdom, that she might have been doing a reference. However, that's certainly a possibility. She does love band connections too...

Hubert

Reaction score
*wonders if she just randomly pulled the name out of a hat, due to the fact that many people name their dogs Fozzie without even ever hearing of the Muppets or the band, thinking "Fuzzie" is too common, how about "Fozzie!"*

mo

Reaction score
I'm cuter! gawd! I need to stop being competeive!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
*wonders if this is an honor to the Muppets, or a disgrace to them*
I was wondering that too...out of all the celebrities out there who could name their pets after Muppets...why Lady Gaga??!!
(Why am I even calling her by that ludicrous name??!!)

Reactions: mo

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lady Gaga has always been a huge supporter of The Muppets, and her wearing the Kermit Coat was one of the "Significant Events" that I believe helped propel them back into the public eye. She has also appeared with Kermit (or at least a form of him), Miss Piggy has covered one of her songs and parodied her coat, Gaga quoted Kermit as being "her whimsy" in an article about the things that inspire her, she discussed the use of Kermit-as-fashion in a response to Peta and she holds many of the same values as The Muppets.

Which is why, if she named him after Fozzie, it was an honour. And why we should refer to her as Lady Gaga.

Also, Lady Gaga is her performance art...not her reality.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
He's SOOOOOOOO CUTE! Although, I think he looks a bit more like Rowlf. Or Bean Bunny haha.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Lady Gaga has always been a huge supporter of The Muppets, and her wearing the Kermit Coat was one of the "Significant Events" that I believe helped propel them back into the public eye. She has also appeared with Kermit (or at least a form of him), Miss Piggy has covered one of her songs and parodied her coat, Gaga quoted Kermit as being "her whimsy" in an article about the things that inspire her, she discussed the use of Kermit-as-fashion in a response to Peta and she holds many of the same values as The Muppets.

Which is why, if she named him after Fozzie, it was an honour. And why we should refer to her as Lady Gaga.

Also, Lady Gaga is her performance art...not her reality.
BINGO! Give the man a fluffy doll for that last sentence.

And if we're going to name Gaga/Muppet connections, let's also remember Henson has assisted her with stage props.

I must admit with that spelling, i'd expect it to be pronounced "Fotz-zie"