King Louie

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Do you think there was a spark or something missing after the Jungle Book?

Things were starting to change in the films a bit I guess, but I'm not sure it had too much to do with Walt Disney being gone. I mean, Fox and the Hound, The Rescuers, and The Aristocats, came after that and were still really good.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess there lucky that didn't exactly end up like like the Henson Co.

D

Dil

Wasn't that King Louie terrific?

Because The Jungle Book was the last animated project with Walt Disney, himself, and the movie was released in theaters after Disney's death, The Jungle Book would be the very first Disney full-length Animated Film to be released in theaters after Disney's death. So I believe that The Jungle Book would be the only full-length animated film done by Disney, himself, to be released in theaters after Disney's death.

Here's the lyrics for the different version of 'I Wan'na Be Like You':
(King Louie would be wearing the same hat that Muppets were wearing during the 'Kermit the Frog Club', as he sings with Kermit.)
:sing:
Obe ado do doda do hah,
Now I'm the king of the swingers,
oh, the jungle V.I.P.
I've reached the top and had to stop,
and that's what's botherin' me.
I wan'na be a frog, frog guy,
and hop right into town,
and just be like the other frogs,
I'm tired of mokeyin' around.
Oh! Oo be doo-hoo-hoo.
I wan'na be like F-R-O-You.
I wan'na walk like you,
talk like you, too-hoo-hoo.
Ya see it's true-hoo-hoo.
An ape like me-hee-hee...
can learn to be...
fro-hoo-hoo-gie, too-hoo-hoo!

(Kermit: Gee, cousin Louie, you have my arms hot.)
(Louie: Now, here's the part of the deal, cuz. Lay the secret on my of wise frog's liar.)
(Kermit: But I don't know how to make liars.)

Now don't try to kid me, frog guy,
I made a deal with you.
What I desire is wise frog's liar...
to make my dream come true.
Now give me the secret, frog guy.
C'mon, clue me what to do.
Give me the power of frog's wise flower...
so I can be like you.
Oh! Oo be doo-hoo-hoo,
I wan'na be like F-R-O-You,
I wan'na walk like you,
talk like you, too-hoo-hoo.
Ya see it's true-hoo-hoo,
someone like me-hee-hee...
can learn to be like someone like me. (Kermit: Take me home, Robin!)
Can learn to be like someone like you. (Louie: One more time!)
Yeah! Can learn to be like someone like me-hee-hee!
Ya ba da ba da doo da do da do da do da..

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Dil, What I mean is the Aristocats Is the first full length movie to be completed without Walt Disney to be released.

D

Dil

That's right, Ilikemuppets. 'The Aristocats' IS the first full-length Animated Disney Movie without Walt Disney, but it may NOT be the first full-length Animated Disney Movie released after Disney's death; 'The Jungle Book' would be the first Full-length animated Disney movie after Disney's death.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Did you ever see the cartoon Tail Spin? King Louie owned a club in that series. Baloo was a pilot, and there were other characters added in. And Shere Kahn was a big-business man. They all wore clothes. It was totally a bad idea to do this series and it ruined the wildness that I loved about the characters.
I have to completely and utterly disagree. The show itself was one of the best things they ever did for television (right up there with Ducktales) and I felt it refreshing to see they took characters from a movie and made a seperate storyline outside of just making a routine cartoon based on a movie. Considering that Chip and Dale Rescue rangers almost starred the Rescuers (Bernard and Beaonca) instead. Think about it. Look at Sheer Kahn. He's a tiger in a business setting. Both littereally and figuratively. Brilliant cartoon.

WIth that said, Jungle cubs, about them all being freinds and babies didn't work on so many levels.

Jungle Book 2 was trash. Total trash. Some sequals I feel were good (The Lion King Trillogy, Aladin 3, if only because of Robinm Williams, and even George of the Jungle 2 captured as much fun possible from the first movie), but others were unnecessary and horrible...though Inspector Gadget 2 was an improvement from the first one, because... face it it was horrible!

I still wonder why legally they couldn't have Louie in the sequal. I mean, Jim Cummings performed him beautifully in Talespin, you could tell he was having a load of laughs. I remember reading how it was his favorite Disney character. I mean, John Goodman made a servicible Balloo... but the movie was poorly written, and just useless.

D

Dil

How did you like the lyrics of 'I Wan'na be Like F-R-O-You'?

Louie's twin brother, Larry, once visited Disney's House of Mouse, and he even sings 'I Wan'na Be Like M-O-U-You' (another parody of 'I Wan'na Be Like You') with Mickey Mouse, the host of the House of Mouse.

Since King Louie was NOT in The Jungle Book 2, it's possible that Louie would be helpful AFTER the other characters are all done with the movie in a pretend studio, where the JB characters would REALLY act in. NOT! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Unfortunatly I haven't even seen 'The Jungle Book 2', but if I did see it, I'd rather say that...
I prefer the 1st Jungle Book Movie, than of the 2nd.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Dil said:
That's right, Ilikemuppets. 'The Aristocats' IS the first full-length Animated Disney Movie without Walt Disney, but it may NOT be the first full-length Animated Disney Movie released after Disney's death; 'The Jungle Book' would be the first Full-length animated Disney movie after Disney's death.
Thats right too.

BEAR

Reaction score
King Louie was specifically written for Louis Prima. I actually got to meet his daughters Luanne and Toni Prima a few years ago when they cast me in a new stage musical celebrating the music of Louis Prima and Keely Smith. I also had the opportunity to meet Smith on opening night. She was a sweetheart and was very complimentary of my performance in the new show. King Louie's song from Jungle Book was actually included in the show. It was fun.

D

Dil

I wished for what would be in the Platinum Edition of 'The Jungle Book':

Sing Along Songs: The Bare Necessities, I Wan'na Be Like You
Disney Virtual Tour: Tour Around The Jungle & in a Mysterious Temple
DisneyPedia: Wheel of Jungle Animals
"I Wan'na Be Like You" Dance
A Disney Short (similar to the Jungle) or so
"The Bare Necessities" Music Video
Deleted Scenes & Songs
Original 1967 Trailer
Audio Commentary
The Making of 'The Jungle Book' (1997)
French & Spanish Language Track (like most platinum Disney DVDs)
Also like the "Mulan Special DVD", the "Jungle Book Special DVD" should (or so) have a different language track than English, Spanish, or French.
Mulan: Mandarin
The Jungle Book: Portugese

Unfortunatly, I doubt all of these would be on the Up-Coming DVD, though.