Kid's Programming that Makes You Want to Question Life Itself

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
OHHH!!! He was saying he DIDNT like Zooboomafoo? Ack! I love that little monkey! I almost thought the show was CTW or JHC related. And say, didnt that Gord Robinson used to perform on Fraggle Rock? You like Fraggle Rock dont ya Matty boy? ^_^
He is a lemur you nut!

*mutters*

Monkey... leaping lemurs... have some respect!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
He is a lemur you nut!

*mutters*

Monkey... leaping lemurs... have some respect!
Oh, I thought Treelo is the only Lemur puppet around. Thanks! Ive only seen a few episodes.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Veggie Tales Saved My Christmas!

Something about Viking themes in a Christian talking vegetable cgi show makes me worried.
Sounds like you are totally over-thinking it. The show itself is good natured fun. It cracked me up and I can be a tough audience.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Veggie Tales Saved My Christmas!

Originally posted by frogboy4
Sounds like you are totally over-thinking it. The show itself is good natured fun. It cracked me up and I can be a tough audience.
Hey, it's my job to invent things for comedic effect...though im usually the only one laughing:wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Veggie Tales Saved My Christmas!

Hey, it's my job to invent things for comedic effect...though im usually the only one laughing:wink:
at least it's you laughing at yourself...

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Veggie Tales Saved My Christmas!

No comment.

But what's up with the overly dramatic thread titles? Kid's Programming That Makes You Want To Question Life Itself. Come on, now...:rolleyes:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Cory I think you are not reading him right... Matt is saying that he doesn't like Zoboomafoo! Personally, I find his comments amazing, since I think the show is fabulous, and the puppeteer in question, Gord Robinson, is certainly anything but "poor"... unless maybe you didn't care for his characters on Fraggle Rock.

Gordon Robertson: Pa Gorg (body), Rumple Fraggle, Murray,
Tumbrell Doozer, the Inkspots,
Murray the minstrel
Well, that was something I didn't know, but, I'm sticking with my feeling on the subject. His work as Pa Gorg was good, but of course that is a different kind of position all together. I shall keep a close watch for his other FR characters to see my feelings on them, as off hand I can only remember Murray the Minstrel, who I am indifferent towards. But, thanks for the info, I learn something new every day. :smile:

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Total agreement with Barney, Rangers, and Teletubbies.... More on that later..

But Vegitales would be a great show, if it wasn't religious... I am A christian, but I'm closer to Homer Simpson than Ned Flanders, if you want to know.... But A local college radio station plays "Kid's Music" for a few hours Saturday and Sunday (if you want to know why I listen intermitantly, they play a lot of Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, And Muppet Show tunes, as well as Animaniacs, Space Ghost (mostly Brak) and such). Anyway, recently they got "Vegitales, Silly Songs with Larry" and at first I was quite put off, but (luckily NONE of the songs on the CD are religious. Christmas is mentioned, but they mostly talk about Santa Claus, no Jesus). They played this one song about his lips.. It was increadably weird... It was about if his lips fell off his face or something to that effect, he was at a psychaitrists office, and everytime Larry said "Dad" the Psychatrist kept saying stuff like... "OH!!!!! Yer father! Tell me more about your father" (A nice little Freudian humor).. but I cracked up on thisone lyric...

he was talking about one time how his lips got cought in a gate and he sings:

My friends all laughed...

And I had tio sit there with my lips stuck in the gate untill the fire department had to break off the lock and I had to spend 2 months in a lip rehab clinic with a kid named Oscar, and we couldn't talk to each other until like the 5th week, andd even then all he could speak was polish, and I only know 3 words in polish...well... four words, cause he taught me the word for Lip in polish....

(I mean, the whole second part of the line was a runn on sentance.. that cracked me up...)

AAAAAANY way... I cannot belive that Barney, Power Rangers, and Teletubbies are STILL around. I mean, they were all fads. Barney made this supposedly big comeback (despite still being rerun ad nauseum) recently after his crummy, pathetic attempt at a movie bombed (They still can't get rid of Barney's Big Adventure Merchandise....and that was like in 1996). I mean, it isn't even a good show. Basically, the kids ham it up, and do their impressions of William Shatner who's obviously on something... (I would have said "ACTING, but that could not be the right word). I mean, Noi one even makes fun of him anymore!

Tellitubbies is Crap, pure and simple... I mean, I know it's a show for babies, but do babies REALLY need to watch TV? I mean, they need human contact, not weird bug children half breeds speaking like underdeveloped 2 year olds. I have actually heard complaints that the babling infant speak actualy stunts the child's ability to speak.

And don't get me started on Power Rangers. I mean How many ^&$^*& times can they fight the same giant monster with the same robot before the 5 year olds realize how lame it is?

And I'm not to crazy about Blue's Clues and Dora the Explora either....

Not to mention thew old 1970's New Zoo Review... like anyone could sit through that without laughing about what an obvious attempt to cash in on Sesame Street it was....

radionate

Reaction score
"I LOVE MY LIPS" is the funniest Veggie Tales song ever! I LOVE IT!!!!