Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

Mupp

Reaction score
Really, as I remember being bored to tears during the first Cars in theaters(I snuck in to see it and still wanted my money back)
Yes, really. I'm not lying. :rolleyes: :attitude: :stick_out_tongue:

There was also that huge tribute to Route 66...and message about how life is not about the finish, its the journey.

Next time don't try to sneak into a movie without paying...Its kind of against the law and morally wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always felt that "Cars" sent the message that winning at any cost isn't really winning at all to the Nascar conservatives that followed the Karl Rove brand of dirty politics, but that's just me.
Isn't that cute. You'd actually think those kinds of people would get allegory. And even if they did, they'd whine about how liberal that message was. :rolleyes:

I saw it as a slightly anti-Consumerist film... a lot less bludgeon you over the head than Wall*e (even though that one also said things that NEED to be said). After all, it encouraged people to get off the highway, pass by the big stores and fast foods and go down to the little tows that are always disappearing due to the massive befanged competition of the larger, easier, but more ruthless competition.

I liked it, but it really felt like it was missing something hard to explain.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was going to give this it's own thread but...

it doesn't deserve one. This has to be one of the worst cliche-riddled animted films I've seen advertised. Gnomeo & Juliet from Miramax. I'm sure Disney would want to dump the company for this film alone! Yucka! :grouchy:

beaker

Reaction score
it doesn't deserve one. This has to be one of the worst cliche-riddled animted films I've seen advertised. Gnomeo & Juliet from Miramax. I'm sure Disney would want to dump the company for this film alone! Yucka! :grouchy:
After awhile, don't kids just go "these cgi films really stink"

Man, how I yearn for the days of practical effects, puppetry, matte paintings and animatronics!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Think about it. Even his name is derisive. Ignore him. Probably thinks said horrendous mind devouring Gnomeo and Gnomiet is a work of art because it's sparkly and shiny.

He's a very unhappy individual. There's a difference between complaining about something and having a childish vendetta. His is the latter. He speaks for nobody.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think we need to regain focas on the movie. I'm very happy it's going to get made, and can't wait to see the Muppets on the Big Screen for the first time. I have been a Muppet fan my whole life, but have never been to the theater to see a Muppet movie. So I'm really hoping for a great show.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Isn't that cute. You'd actually think those kinds of people would get allegory. And even if they did, they'd whine about how liberal that message was.
So, as a conservative, am I not welcome here at Muppet Central? I would think my fellow Muppet fans, who embrace "Fraggle Rock" and its message that we can live together despite our differences, wouldn't resort to calling me "those kinds of people" and making derogatory comments about people who share my views. Couldn't this be the one place on the Internet where we don't disparage others' politics?

Sorry for going off-topic. I came here because I'm excited about the movie, but I have to read through the posts that ridicule people like me.

beaker

Reaction score
So, as a conservative, am I not welcome here at Muppet Central? I would think my fellow Muppet fans, who embrace "Fraggle Rock" and its message that we can live together despite our differences, wouldn't resort to calling me "those kinds of people" and making derogatory comments about people who share my views. Couldn't this be the one place on the Internet where we don't disparage others' politics?

Sorry for going off-topic. I came here because I'm excited about the movie, but I have to read through the posts that ridicule people like me.
I think he meant more of the type of conservatives that Sam the Eagle lampoons.