Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, as a conservative, am I not welcome here at Muppet Central? I would think my fellow Muppet fans, who embrace "Fraggle Rock" and its message that we can live together despite our differences, wouldn't resort to calling me "those kinds of people" and making derogatory comments about people who share my views. Couldn't this be the one place on the Internet where we don't disparage others' politics?
I'm not the one that brought that allegory up. Personally, I never saw that in the movie. Read the entire post that I was referring to/ quoting before we star this kind of thing. All too many times do I have to spend hours explaining myself when people don't even bother reading the entire post, picking and choosing what they want to argue with or bring up. I bother to take the time actually reading full posts before I pull whatever annoys me up and argue with those members, the least I expect is the same from others.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm afraid this thread is going to have to be closed. We are not even talking about the topic at hand. We are just getting mad and talking about things that are not related to the new Muppet Movie at all.

Thats just how i feel.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm afraid this thread is going to have to be closed. We are not even talking about the topic at hand. We are just getting mad and talking about things that are not related to the new Muppet Movie at all.

Thats just how i feel.
I agree that we should return to the subject at hand and, once again, leave the real "trolling" and criticizing to the true professionals :smile:boo: & :sleep:).

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
All I'm going to say:

Liberals accept anyone and everyone as long as anyone and everyone is a liberal. They'll show us non-accepting conservatives how accepting they are by not accepting us!:sleep::boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
All I'm going to say:

Liberals accept anyone and everyone as long as anyone and everyone is a liberal. They'll show us non-accepting conservatives how accepting they are by not accepting us!:sleep::boo:
There are extremes in both camps. My post a while back cited a particular "ultra" extreme in the conservative camp, but not the party as a whole. If the Muppets taught me anything it's that we're all mixed-bags and even with our differences we can get along without the need for sweeping blanket statements on either side. The Muppet characters have popped up on Fox News and hosted Larry King Live on CNN. I'm not saying their liberal or conservative, but they are a heck of a lot more accepting than most non-fuzzy-and-felt Americans are. :smile:

Back on topic. I do wonder if Russell Brand will appear in the new Muppet film and if his wife Katy Perry will be there with him. I hope so! I think both personalities could lend a lot to the Muppet gang!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Back on topic. I do wonder if Russell Brand will appear in the new Muppet film and if his wife Katy Perry will be there with him. I hope so! I think both personalities could lend a lot to the Muppet gang!
As long as she leaves singing the songs to the Muppets. Kevin Bishop's prepubescent voice in MTI still haunts me....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Liberals accept anyone and everyone as long as anyone and everyone is a liberal. They'll show us non-accepting conservatives how accepting they are by not accepting us!
What about me? I'm neither. I'm an outright Grouch and hate EVERYBODY! If anyone ever bothers reading my full posts, they'd notice that).

Mupp

Reaction score
BTW, I just wanted to say that the Gigglesock guy who comments at Jim Hill media is a huge jerk.

Thanks, you can resume the discussion.

And yes, this thread will probably be closed if we don't get back on topic.

(But seriously, NOT cool to sneak into a movie without paying. If you are going to get bored want your "money" back, be sure to pay next time. :rolleyes:. Just be sure to pay for the Muppets film, we want it to do well so we can prove condescending jerks like Gigglesock wrong)

..Sorry, I'm still kind of ticked off by those harsh comments about Cars...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
BTW, I just wanted to say that the Gigglesock guy who comments at Jim Hill media is a huge jerk.

Thanks, you can resume the discussion.

And yes, this thread will probably be closed if we don't get back on topic.

(But seriously, NOT cool to sneak into a movie without paying. If you are going to get bored want your "money" back, be sure to pay next time. :rolleyes:. Just be sure to pay for the Muppets film, we want it to do well so we can prove condescending jerks like Gigglesock wrong)

..Sorry, I'm still kind of ticked off by those harsh comments about Cars...
I understand where your coming from, but please lets change the subject here. Hey I know how many of us would this movie be there first time going to see the Muppets on the Big Screen?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm too old for it to be my first Muppet movie. :big_grin: