Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm too old for it to be my first Muppet movie. :big_grin:
The first Muppet Movie was my first theatrical Muppet movie when I was five years old and I've seen each one theatrically since (and Follow That Bird too, but not Elmo in Grouchland). :smile::wisdom:

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
XP I'm such a youngun. MFS came out when I was 2, so I'm really excited for this! :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now this is better!

It has been said that George Clonny is going to be in this movie, and he is known for his practical jokes on set. I am wondering who he will "pick on" on this movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
great bring it on the more people who are into it intreested in it the better. lets start getting excited about this movie, and about what the Muppets are doing.

Mupp

Reaction score
I am excited about the Muppet film.

On the unforutuante side, all of the Muppet haters (I.E. "Gigglesock" are predicting doom and gloom for the film.

So I ask all fellow Muppet fans (and that includes any guests who are reading this) to PLEASE, PLEASE go see the film in theaters when it is released wherever you are...And pay to see it, remember, we want to help out the box office results for the film.

Any more updates on when filming might begin?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am excited about the Muppet film.

On the unforutuante side, all of the Muppet haters (I.E. "Gigglesock" are predicting doom and gloom for the film.

So I ask all fellow Muppet fans (and that includes any guests who are reading this) to PLEASE, PLEASE go see the film in theaters when it is released wherever you are...And pay to see it, remember, we want to help out the box office results for the film.

Any more updates on when filming might begin?
I think most of us hope that fans will support the theatrical release Christmas 2011, but I think you're going a little far in your continual criticism of our forum member Beaker. I've met this member and he's a very nice person! I think he expressed a while back that he snuck in a movie (probably an isolated occasion in which he bought a ticket for one film, but saw another instead). I might not endorse that tactic these days, but I did do that several times in my younger years (it's hard for me to justify financially supporting Tom Cruise films due to his cult). NOBODY'S PERTFECT and I'm sure you aren't either. You made your feelings known several times already so let's get back on topic. It's certainly not likely he'd do that in the case of the new Muppet movie.

I don't write a blank check concerning my tastes in anything including the Muppets. I predict good things for the film, but as a longtime fan I'll call it like it is whether it's inspired like the first couple of Muppet films or mismanaged like Muppets From Space. Frog, that was a disappointing film, but sometimes you've got to go down a few wrong roads before you find the right one. That's what I think this new picture will be.

I do think there's a good case to remind people that a motion picture's success and failure is measured by studio exectutives in terms of Box Office ticket sales, so I wouldn't recommend waiting for Netflix (even though films seem to hit video four months after release). Go see it in the theaters and take some friends with you. If you like it enough, see it again in the theaters. That's the way to bring about more Muppety goodness.

Drtooth

Reaction score

And you listen to that loser troll, why? He's someone who has a childish vendetta and wants to see us all miserable while he's enjoying the banality of Gnomeo and Gnomeiette and saying how WONDERFUL the slick graphics looked. He's a troll and nothing more. And then if it's successful he'll whine about it being a success. He's that kind of person, he was banned at least twice from this site, and even his name is snarky and delliberately hurtful to fans of puppetry. Let him keep the dull drone of endless factory made CGI kiddy noise.