"It's Passover, Grover" on PBS Monday March 25

Katzi428

Reaction score
Whoah.

Ramadan is an Islamic Holiday. Not Indian.

To be fair, Christmas was rarely used in the series as well, outside of Christmas specials and a Sesame Street News Flash segment.
Oops.. I stand corrected about Ramadan. Sorry. :embarrassed: But yes you're right about Christmas rarely being used .I just think it's odd that all of a sudden Passover is being bought is being brought up. (I guess some people complained. . And they'd have a right to. There was a "Lamb Chop's Chanukah Special") Sorry for muffining(AKA changing the subject)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street rarely does anything about Holidays when it isn't a special. That does not include storybooks, coloring books, or obvious merchandising. The Shalom Sesame series deals with Jewish Culture, and while some of them are Holidays, they're mostly just about history and culture, mostly Israel related. In fact, the original 80's series only had Chanukah and Passover episodes. The Chanukah one being really strange, talking mostly about the historical context. Mainly because, as I'm lead to believe, it really isn't a big deal over there as it is here, where it's pumped up to be a competitor for Christmas.

For that matter, I'm surprised there has never been a Christmas episode of Muppet Babies. Outside of the same storybook/coloring book stuff, that's the one place in the Muppet oeuvre where Christmas hasn't reached.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The fact that Chanukah is as hyped up as Christmas is a myth. There are bigger and more exciting Jewish holidays than that...
For some reason, most people think that Hanukah is the biggest holiday. -shrugs-

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Mainly because, as I'm lead to believe, it really isn't a big deal over there as it is here, where it's pumped up to be a competitor for Christmas.
The fact that Chanukah is as hyped up as Christmas is actually a myth. There are bigger and more exciting Jewish holidays than that.
For some reason, most people think that Hanukah is the biggest holiday. -shrugs-

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that Chanukah is as hyped up as Christmas is actually a myth. There are bigger and more exciting Jewish holidays than that.
It's not as hyped up as Christmas, sure. It's just a slightly bigger deal here than over there. I'd guess it's because families that don't want their kids to be left out when all the other kids are talking about the great stuff they got for Christmas.