1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Is this a teaser poster for a Muppets sequel?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by muppetlover123, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

That's what is wrong with a lot of sequels. They rush a script, and do production on it while they're promoting the first one and don't take the time to do it right. Their point is 'Well, we wanna hold on to the audience from the first one' which is all fine and good but you don't wanna fricken lose the audience in general. If it's not good, then nobody would wanna go see it and you're just wasting your fricken money.

Daniel
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

LOL Rehab for what?
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

they took the pic off
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think that's what happened to LTS and MWOz. I do think Disney can do this faster than other Muppet projects now that their only concern is content. It seemed that before the last film that everyone was preoccupied with whether or not the characters were still relevant. That seemed to tarnish the entire process. Glad that's gone!
  5. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

yeah, i don't want them to be rushed either. i want it to be just as good as the last one, so whatever time they need is ok with me

the worst thing would be to have such great success with the first comeback movie, only to then come out with a mediocre sequel just 2 years later, because it was so rushed. but i think bobin and stoller really care about making it good, so i'm fairly confident that won't happen
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have faith in James Bobin and Nick though I'm sure they will come up with something great. I'd be more concerned if it was a different director and writer.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I hope they consult some of the classic Muppet writers too.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I know Frank Oz is semi-retired but it would be great if they asked him to work on some of it or maybe get his input?
    Reevz1977 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

LTS, as good a project as it was, desperately needed some extra gestation time. There are a LOT of missed opportunities in the project that would have made everything better (the ending seemed completely rushed, especially the lack of the other Muppets popping up anywhere before the closing number).

Yeah... as soon as a movie becomes an unexpected hit, the studio announces a sequel. Heck, I think after a week, they announced a sequel to Smurfs... and guessing from an actual studio picture teaser, they're going to Hangover 2 the thing and make it the same movie in a different location (@#$%!!) instead of something completely confined to the Smurf's more magical, Medieval world.

Yet, I keep seeing sequels of lops all the time as well. I thought everyone hated Underworld, and yet there's 3 of them.