1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is this a teaser poster for a Muppets sequel?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by muppetlover123, Mar 26, 2012.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

its on muppet wiki dont know if its fan made or not?
  2. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Wow! That's pretty quick! However, I'm thinking it's fan made because the words in the bottom right hand don't make sense. But it's pretty darn good.
  3. muppetlover123

yea true im kinda hoping its not called The Muppets 2
  4. muppetlover123

5. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

wow. that is QUICK

they can't possibly have the script yet. can they? i guess i did read some interview last year where nick stoller said he already had some ideas for the next one, but still.

i have to agree though, that i don't think it should just be called The Muppets 2. come on, they can do better than that!

if they're really rolling on this movie so fast though, maybe it will come out in 2013?
  6. muppetlover123

7. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Sheesh! It's only been 6 days since the movie went on DVD!!!
  8. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Doubtful there's a script yet...seems to me they were still in the "brainstorm" process. I also wouldn't bet on the film being called The Muppets 2; that's just a placeholder name (they could have put "The Next Muppet Movie Which Doesn't Have a Name Yet" on the poster but it wouldn't have been as catchy). Once they know the plot/concept of the next film, the real title will follow.

If it makes everyone feel better, Great Muppet Caper was referred to as Muppet Movie II even after a script had been written, so again that was a placeholder name until a better one came about.

Even the last film had name changed until we found out that it would simply be called "The Muppets" relatively late in the game.

But it's cool to see teasers/promotion already as that just reinforces that the Full Plan is to get another movie made and they're not wasting time getting things going. That's always been the Muppets' biggest weakness since the late 90's: waiting too long to see how the last big project was received before planning what major project to follow up with afterward.
  9. Avilos

Avilos Member

No image is appearing here or on the site. Was it taken down?
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Yes, it was taken down. Some investigation on its genesis traced it to a foreign company that does artwork for bootlegs.
  11. Avilos

Avilos Member

Thanks for the info. I figured it was fake without ever seeing it. Its way too early for any type of poster. Also unnecessary, we know that another film is being developed already. The earliest a real poster like this could appear would be when they have chosen a release date.
  12. catherine

catherine Active Member

i hope they do something soon because i loved the movie.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Even if it wasn't, the internet is usually full of these hack movie posters the second there's a revelation about a movie (especially if they turn out to be false). I remember seeing a few Riddler themed Dark Knight Rises posters the second they said he was considered for the movie. And that was based solely on rumor.

We have NO info on the next movie outside of one's going to happen. Nobody does. We don't even know if it's even going to be a 2. Once we hear more info, I'm sure we're going to see some lousy mock ups based on whatever rumor pops out.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

"Muppets 2: Miss Piggy Goes to Rehab -- Starring Lindsay Lohan"
    miss kermie and kyunkyua like this.
  15. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like a great opportunity to cast Dr. Phil Van Neuter. Johnny and Sal could be there as well - it would explain Johnny's absence from the previous film.
    Muppet fan 123, frogboy4 and DannyRWW like this.
  16. muppetlover123

muppet wiki said it was a fake
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Movie companies sometimes tease films a year or more before their release date, but Disney is still riding the wave of this project. Plus, the film will probably not be titled "The Muppets 2." I can imagine something like "The Muppets Take a Road Trip" or "The Great Muppet Holiday." You know, something like that. :fanatic:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to it? I can't see the picture. Where on Muppet Wiki is it?
  19. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I, if anybody would like my opinion(and I'm sure nobody does), would like to see the idea that the first movie was rumored to be. The whole "Gonzo makes a movie and waste all the money on the beginning" plot. BUT that's for another thread.

Daniel
  20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'd rather them take their time and make a good script instead of hurrying just to get another movie out. As they say "good things take time"