Interesting thing about Muppet Central that can wreak havoc on people computers...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Iterate is the correct word. I think that particular statement about the menu was only made once. Unless you have heard me makd that statement repeatedly - in that case it would be rather silly for you to ask the question. :big_grin:
Oh you meant reiterate alright, as I have definately heard you "iterate" it more than twice, although not to me.

I just keep hoping for an answer I like better I guess...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
as I have definately heard you "iterate" it more than twice, although not to me.

hehe

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess. Reiterate it is. I don't remember repeating it, but it happens sometimes with me - especially on a board where people seem to ask the same questions several times. I'll see if I can change that option soon since the new forum menu has been delayed. I don't much like the current one. Check later this week. It could happen.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
aww just rant and rave frogboy...i know you want to just scream at some people (me included i bet) so let it all out

Sarah

*ducks for cover*

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: We'll try to check it out.

Originally posted by frogboy4
There seems to be more folks who dislike intro pages than those who avoid Flash.
MC has an intro page? Other than the home page??

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We have no intention to create an intro page. I used ithat as a bad solution to a simple problem - get the Flash plug-in. However, we are considering ways to make a friendlier solution for those who have restrictions against the plug in (i.e. schools). That is what this thread is about.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. That was a rare problem. We have an incredibly high success rate with the new graphics, but it's important to look into these issues in time.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Well, there's a splash page on my website, and of course, it's there mainly to let people know to get Flash. On one hand, I hate it if a new surfer missed something because they didn't have Flash, and on the other, big notices like that are a drag. I get about 350 visits a month (thanks everybody from MC who visits), but my audience is a sliver of what MC gets. So, a splash page at MC telling people to get Flash would be a drag.

Up until this week, I was using Explorer 4.5 :eek:

I now jump back and forth between that and 5.1, but I don't like 5.1 because it's for Mac, and although I love Macs, I don't like the Aqua interface, and Microsoft has Aquafied their latest Mac browser.

Still, MC with all the new Flash stuff still worked perfect for me and my Mac with Flash 5 on IE 4.5 :big_grin:

Some schools and libraries are weird. If ONE person in admin doesn't care about Flash, nobody else can be allowed to download ANY app, so the Flash doen't get installed :frown:

Other than that, Froggy is right: Just get Flash :stick_out_tongue:

anathema

Reaction score
I'd like to propose a compromise: a simple message, permanently on the front page, which says something like, "In order to fully appreciate this site, Flash is required. If you cannot see the menu bar at the top of the page, please download Flash from here.", and provide a link to Macromedia, or something. Then, people who don't have and have never heard of Flash won't be stuck looking at a blank space and wondering how to navigate the site.