I'm new to the "Bear" den

jamminjake

Reaction score
Disney cancels most shows after 65 episodes. However, there are/were a few exceptions Ducktales, and now That's So Raven.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Now I'm sure Lizzie Maguire ran more than 65 episodes, right?

doctort13

Reaction score
Bear vs. Barney

You can also find Bear DVDs/videos at your public library. I have watched it with my daughter and will say that it's a million times better than that purple pedophile.

Barney rips off nursery rhymes by changing the lyrics and adding dumbed down/PC lyrics of it's own (His theme song is a version of "This Old Man"). While BITBBH has original songs on every show.

Barney is a very boring, simple walk around suit voiced by someone other than the puppeteer. Bear is a puppet similar to Big Bird, with the puppeteer saying his lines while recording the show (the songs are pre-recorded). There are many other puppet characters in Woodland Valley, each with it's own personality PLUS! Barney characters are like watching cardboard. Boring.

Give Bear a try, it's fun and it's smart!

BEAR

Reaction score
I agree. Bear is good for kids to watch. He is a wonderful host and the show does not talk down to its young viewers (similar to Sesame Street only I would probably say more so). The characters are comforting and Bear is a good "Big Brother" type of role model. Smart, fun, and the music is great!

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow, thanks.. I never really like Barney when I was little either. Same thing every show like you said. So, I'll try the Bear and see how it is..

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
when ever i babysitted my niece i would watch barney she loved it i told here stories of chopping his head off she loved it

Ernie101

Reaction score
Hahah, are you serious.

Remember PJ the yellow triceratops and then the green one.. Baby bob or something?

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow, this brings back some memories. I surely hope Bear is better than big purple dinosaur. I'm going to try and catch Bear in the big blue house this weekend.