I'm new to the "Bear" den

doctort13

Reaction score
I am a new father, my daughter will be 9 months old on Wednesday. We recently began borrowing Bear DVDs from our library and really enjoy watching them with her.
Can any of the older Bear fans on the boards tell me why the original show was canceled? I know that Disney now airs the "Breakfast" show, but from wht I've read it's not as good as the original show, besides...we do not subscribe to cable TV.

I guess I'll just have to start buying the DVDs for her to enjoy.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Don't they still show re-runs on the Disney channel?

Ryan

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I am a new father, my daughter will be 9 months old on Wednesday. We recently began borrowing Bear DVDs from our library and really enjoy watching them with her.
Can any of the older Bear fans on the boards tell me why the original show was canceled? I know that Disney now airs the "Breakfast" show, but from wht I've read it's not as good as the original show, besides...we do not subscribe to cable TV.

I guess I'll just have to start buying the DVDs for her to enjoy.
Disney has a policy about kids shows, which is to only shoot 200 or so episodes and stop production. This way, it's cheaper, and they have enough shows to rerun. Bear hit that mark, therefore it ended.

BEAR

Reaction score
I believe Disney Channel only airs the show on Weekends.

doctort13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for the DVDs!

Too bad that Disney stopped the show, I really dig it.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Why stop their?

What is this show even about? I never watched it, just because I heard it was bad(whitch is stupid). I do however want to start watching it.. The reason I never watched it was that I kept hearing that it was a rip-off of BarneyTM. Is that actually true?

Drake.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Why stop their?

What is this show even about? I never watched it, just because I heard it was bad(whitch is stupid). I do however want to start watching it.. The reason I never watched it was that I kept hearing that it was a rip-off of BarneyTM. Is that actually true?

Drake.

Rip off of Barney? Ummm....no.

Ernie101

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking BEAR. I didn't understand either, I will probally try to catch the show on Saturday.. or I will check to see if it is on during the week.