I just heard Steve's Statler too!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

This doesn't seem to be working. I can find the songs I'm looking for, but it won't play them. I tried double-clicking the link like they said I should do, but I still can't get the songs to play. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :frown:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Hmm...I have no idea what the problem is then. :embarrassed:

WiGgY

Reaction score
ok, I'll try a tutorial. :big_grin:

Go to www.kazaa.com

look for the download it now link

that should take you to a page with a link that says Download v2.1

That should lead you to another page with another link that says Download now.

For a link that says download now it sure doesn't download now lol :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I don't know if I want to go through all that now. I'll try again. It's probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. :confused:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
WiGgY - Might you have a firewall on your computer? I know that's the main reason I don't use KaZaa on my computer at school; the network firewall blocks all file-share programs like that. They won't connect.

It was so like Richard's Statler! I don't know why so many people fought me on this issue. If Steve had taken over Statler from the begining I would not have noticed the change nearly as much.
Steve was already pretty busy already handling Kermit, Beaker and Rizzo as his three main characters. So since Jerry had done Statler before, it was easier for him to go back to performing the character instead of another "main" character being foisted on Steve and Steve having to worry about figuring out how to handle Statler properly. At least that's my opinion.

One thing I am curious about (and I don't know if it was mentioned in the other thread or not) is why Statler has switched from Jerry to Steve. Was it because Jerry hadn't been able to make it to the taping of the Weezer video, or did Steve or someone else in the company just feel that Steve was ready?

According to what they told me at Timelife, I should be receiving Volume 11 of the Muppet Show videos this month. Then I'll probably be getting Volume 6, since they skipped over that one before.
Ah-ha! So I'm not the only one! Time-Life gypped me out of Vol. 4 (Belefonte/Ronstadt/Denver), and unfortunately Mom canceled the subscription before they ever sent it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. They told me that they don't always send them in order. I wish they would have sent me more tapes with first season eps first.

By the way, Belafonte/Rondstadt/Denver is Volume 3. Volume 4 is Sellers/Cleese/Moore.

By the way, good thoughts on the Jerry or Steve as Statler dispute. You're probably right.

WiGgY - Might you have a firewall on your computer? I know that's the main reason I don't use KaZaa on my computer at school; the network firewall blocks all file-share programs like that. They won't connect.
I'm not Wiggy. It sounded like you intended to say that too me and that's a big possibility. A lot of things don't work on most of the computers on campus. However, on the computer in my dorm, I can download most sounds and everything else. Maybe I just have a firewall against Kazaa or something. I don't know. :confused:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wait! I think I have the answer. If you already downloaded the program and you just can't figure out how to view the files it's easy. at the top there are buttons. Click on the traffic button and a list of all the stuff you have should be there. If not, go into your program files folder and look for Kazaa open that, then look for something like my shared files. They should all be in there.

BAck to Statler. I think it's possble that at first Steve didn't know he could do Statler. So, Jerry took him over. Then when the Weezer video happened, Jerry wasn't available, but the still neeeded Statler for the end. That's probably when Steve tried to do Statler and it was perfect. :smile: Then he did him in AVMMC but he was dubbed over by Jerry which is really a shame since Steve did such a great job. Maybe Jerry should have takeb to time to dub over Lew instead. I've changed my mind about Bill's Lew after watching MTM and GMC again. It's not all that good. :smirk:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

OH, WILL YOU FORGET ABOUT LEW AND STATLER ALREADY AND HELP ME THINK???!!!! Lol. I'm just fooling around. I tried the "traffic button." That didn't work. I'll try "my shared files" and let you know how that goes.

I've changed my mind about Bill's Lew after watching MTM and GMC again. It's not all that good.
I agree with you there. I also watched TMTM the day after the Christmas movie and I've noticed a big difference between Jerry's and Bill's Lew. Hopefully, Jerry will continue to stick with Lew in future projects.

WiGgY

Reaction score
If they completed downloading they should definatly be in he my shared folder thing. If not, I don't know what to do.

All of the new voices are growing on me. I'm starting to accept Steve's Kermit. I never really hated him, just always knew it was different. Now I'm starting to accept him AS Kermit. Eric's Piggy had fooled from the start, and so did Fozzie (sometimes). And his Animal is dead on. I want to hear more of Bill's Rowlf before I make a decision on him. Of course any speaking Rowlf is better than none. :sympathy: