How do you want to go out?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I wrote out the plans for my funeral in 8th grade, about three centuries ago. It was for an English class. I need to revise it though.

Ever since JH died I wanted my funeral to be fun like that. I thought it was so cool that the Muppets spoke at his funeral. I would just like the people who speak at my funeral to talk the good times and the bad times (cause a lot of the time the bad times were funny after awhile).

My good friend just passed away a couple weeks ago suddenly and his funeral was nice for a funeral. We found out a lot about him that wasn't known before. There were some things that his wife said he wouldn't have been too pleased to have us know but it helped us realize that he was human just like the rest of us.

I do want this saying engraved on my tombstone though, like on the back.

"We are quick silver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound....
Our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass....
We live in music, in a flash of color......
We live in the wind......
....and in the sparkle of a star."

And after my funeral (which should be no more than hour at the most) I want a HUGE feast for everyone to enjoy.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
This is really odd, I have been thinking about this for a while and have actually started writing a letter to my best friend asking telling her what i would like her to do.
Myabe it's because im now at an age where i realise im not immortal, maybe I've just been a bit low but yeah i know what i want, who i want to be there and what i want to happen afterwards.
EG if i die before im thirty *you never know* i want to buried in a T shirt and Jeans
I had a scare about seven years ago when the doctors thought I had a brain tumour * i didn't and am okay* but it got me thinking about a lot of things

Jamie

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hilarious! OR--to have hydraulic systems set up so during the middle of the funeral you could bust up out of the casket and go flying across the room...maybe landing on people!!

Wait I think I just died laughing at this thread about dying...I am sure that was a clear as murky porridge

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I'm going to record myself singing with my favorite songs that would be neat to play at my funeral.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I don't care what they do for me when I go (MANY years from now), as long as they tell everyone why I am where I am (heaven, that is). "OVer the Rainbow" would be a really good song to play, as long as they don't let the CD run too long to "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead!" :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's an old superstition that I just found out about that if you plan your funeral out then you're pretty much over and done with. Dunno how true it ...is...becaus...ACK! UGH!

*THUD!*

Seriously though, I was just thinking the other day about having a video made of Muley so he could say some things about me at my funeral. "Sorry I couldn't be there today...well, not really...but I'm on vacation in Sunny Southern California...well, not really...it's a farm, but who cares..."