Hostess Brands closing for good due to baker's strike

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kroger (a grocery store chain) has a generic version of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter that's pretty good.

Aside from that, I don't believe I've ever had any other generic version of something that actually tasted good. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But Back to Little Debbie.

Their knockoff Hostess food kinda sucks, but I'm more interested in their original snack cakes. When they were 25 cents a package, I used to have to eat them for a 50 cent lunch in college from time to time. I'd much rather eat their Fudge Rounds and Star Crunch (one of the only things that has raisins in it that I eat... because you can't actually taste them and I didn't even know they were there until I read the label once) than their Cloud Cakes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I still wish they were bought out by a competent brand.

The CEO and shareholders' complete blind greed and indescribable stupidity fell the company at least two or three times. As long as they don't fall into the same trap, this is a good thing... but I don't trust them to have the mental capabilities of a slow witted first grader to avoid it.