Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

dwmckim

Reaction score
(Don't know if i'm posting in right place; there's no "Henson Headlines" thread)

The Jim Henson Co just issued the following statement about their recent promotion with Chick-Fil-A. After reading this, my love for the Henson Company just increased even more as if that was even possible!:

"The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD. (http://www.glaad.org/)"

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know...wheels turning in my head here...i think Henson Company FANS should follow the same example. I haven't purchased any myself due to (a) not wanting to support CFA in any way even if to receive a Henson premium and (b) not having money to spend on food lately anyway, but i'm sure there are many Henson fans who have gone to CFA with the intent of getting the Henson premiums. I'd like to suggest that anyone who went to CFA to receive a Henson premium make a donation to GLAAD - doesn't have to be huge, but at least double what you paid CFA would be a good gesture.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since when has Chick-fil-A ever had any Henson-related promotions? Seriously, I've been going to Chick-fil-A for YEARS, and never saw ANY sign of ANYTHING Henson-related... I never even knew Henson was associated with Chick-fil-A.

Oh well, this is no skin off my nose: JHC has lost a considerable amount of my respect over the years, and when I go to Chick-fil-A, I'm not going to support or bash gay marriage, I go for a good bite to eat, so this really doesn't affect me very much.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They recently started selling Creature Shop toys at the place, so that's their affiliation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, the president of Chick-fil-A released a statement saying he does not support gay marriage (Chick-fil-A is a Christian-owned chain, and the president is rather conversative).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yay for this! I'm glad that the Henson Company has chosen to sever ties with Chick-Fil-A due to their direct lobbying to limit the civil rights of LGBT Americans. Their hate goes far beyond gay marriage.

The religious organizations they enthusiastically support are also bent on chipping away the civil rights gay Americans already have. That crosses the line from difference of opinion to hate-mongering. Every household is sacred and shouldn't be required to live under the scrutiny of any religious fanatic no matter where their beliefs originate. No rational dialog can come from people who believe gays are ill or that their right to thrive will bring about some sort of apocalyptic wrath from God. One just can't talk to crazy and that's what the Chick-Fil-A president finally admitted to being. His sort of rhetoric is toxic hatred and not mere personal belief. I'm not out to change anyone's mind about gay people, but we should be allowed to live our lives to the fullest just as any other straight or Christian couple.

I understand that we, the people in America's melting pot, hold different values. That's the beautiful part of living here that doesn't exist quite the same way abroad. It's something special that should be protected. We should be able to live our lives and pursue our dreams without outside interference. We can share even if we don't agree!

JHC made a responsible decision today. We should all be free to pursue our own paths no matter what our religion or who we love.
I am very proud to be a Henson fan!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say to this is is even Jim Henson himself always loved everyone. So I think in the name of Jim himself their also doing a good thing. As for gay rights I admit I'm a Christian HOWEVER everyone regardless of ethnicity, religion, or sexuality deserves equal rights. And that's my controviersial statement for the day. :embarrassed: