Help me fill my Netflix Queue!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
One of my favourite sci-fi movies is Contact, with Jodie Foster and Mathew McConaghey or however you spell it. It's sort of long but really good. It's intelectual.

Um, also, you should get The Last Starfighter. It's 80's scifi silliness in all it's glory! >< But if you hate it, I didn't suggest it to you.

How about an animated movie? You should rent Treasure Planet and tell me how it is, I haven't seen it yet. :wink: Or rent The Iron Giant, it's very impressive.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I own the Producers. So good :big_grin:
It is one of my absolute favorite movies! Musical, mainly, though the original is GREAT!

Pursuit of Happyness is very, very, very good... but I opted to see Night at the Museum first, too. :big_grin:

Still can't remember what movie I was thinking of...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
One of my favourite sci-fi movies is Contact, with Jodie Foster and Mathew McConaghey or however you spell it. It's sort of long but really good. It's intelectual.

Um, also, you should get The Last Starfighter. It's 80's scifi silliness in all it's glory! >< But if you hate it, I didn't suggest it to you.

How about an animated movie? You should rent Treasure Planet and tell me how it is, I haven't seen it yet. :wink: Or rent The Iron Giant, it's very impressive.
Contact is good! My dad has it.

Didn't care for Treasure Planet. My dad loves animated movies, so I have access to just about any animated movie I could think of.

I like quirky comedies...and the occasional chick flick (as long as it's not too cheesy)

Gonzo14

Reaction score
you should line up the Seasons of 24, it's such a great show, thats what i'm doing with netflix

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I've read a lot about 24, but out of curiosity, is there an underlying message or meaning. Is it just plot?

I'm curious.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Might I suggest the absolute best Marx Brothers movie ever made?

• Duck Soup

It's really fantastic. You might like it, if quirky comedy's your bag.

And on my Frank Oz list:

• Bowfinger
  • Little Shop of Horrors

Oh, and anything Mel Brooks.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I've read a lot about 24, but out of curiosity, is there an underlying message or meaning. Is it just plot?

I'm curious.
there's not a hidden meaning its just really exciting, each episode is one hour, so the whole season is one day, in the first season its about a guy running for president, and terrorists are trying to kill him, so the CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) is trying to stop the attack

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Have you seen 50 First Dates? Pretty decent romantic commedy with a little bit of dramma as well. Also of course there is My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but hasn't everyone seen that?
:wink:

Also, tell me a little bit about Netflicks. Of course I've seen the commercials, but I didn't know there was a one movie at a time plan. How much does it cost?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
The plan I'm on is one movie at a time and it's $10 a month. Not bad considering 1) If I hit 3 or 4 a month, it's cheaper than blockbuster and 2) they have such a good selection.

I was supposed to get my movie yesterday but I haven't. If I don't get it today, I may start asking around. Once mail hits the college, it slows down.

The two movies at a time plan is $15/month. If I had a really long list, I'd get that.

Basically I'm keeping mine until I see most of the movies I want to and know I can't rent elsewhere. You can cancel at anytime, so it's pretty convenient for me.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya

Some of my favorite Dean Stockwell movies:

The Secret Garden-this is the original version
Long Day's Journey Into Night-original version
Anchor's Aweigh
Dune-original version,not the newest version

Other favorite films I may suggest:

LA Story
French Kiss
Garden State