Have the exclusives jumped the shark?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, definitely would like those too. But the tuxes aren't really pushing other such things out. It's really just about timing and cost I think. Those costumes are choice and cost more, so they should be carded later in a retail environment. They really couldn't have come out with a Sam, Fozzie or Scooter Tux right now because there are multiple versionos of them on the shelves and Sam hasn't come out yet. But I agree that Bunsen and Beaker tuxes aren't my first choice. I just don't mind them.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think that, if it is a cost issue, an Experiment Gone Wrong two pack would have been a better exclusive. Maybe in a later series, like whenever Up and Down Head Beaker comes out, this kind of two pack could be the exclusive. All it would need is a repaint basically. And I do agree that if Palisades is going to continue the Tux line then they should make some more main stream Tux characters. I understand that Fozzie has a whole bunch of variants and Scooter has Supper Scooter and Gonzo will soon have 3, but I hope we will get Fozzie and Gonzo in a black tux eventually.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
personally I'd prefer the tuxes to the MTI or MCC versions...I think there's something really cool about them and having them all match like that...I don't need every character in a tux, but the ones that I do get are cool...

uncleduke

Reaction score
The only thing I would have changed with the B/B tuxedo pack -
I would have painted Beakers Socks the same way they are in the Lab playset. I think it wouldv'e suited the character better, IMHO

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So which Tux characters do you think should be made total?

Kermit (done)
Rowlf (done)
Bunsen (done)
Beaker (done)
Fozzie
Gonzo
Scooter
Sam
Animal
Dr. Teeth
(not sure about Janice, Floyd and Zoot)
Pepe (maybe)

That's about all the ones I could see in tuxes. The others really aren't crucial

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think you could add a Rizzo in there, and you know Piggy has woren a tux before on the muppet show with a top hat.

I thinking going as far as lew zeland, the chef, sal, crazy harry, bean bunny ex...wouldn't really work well, if they did make some of these then personatly should be added like a fish bow tie for lew.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Quick note. Just because I said I would like to see Statler and Waldorf or the Chef in a tux does not make it so. That is me speaking as a fan-boy, not as a product manager. If more tuxedo versions were to be done, odds are it would not be those three anywhere NEAR the front of the line.

Gotta remember that I talk a lot about what I think would be cool just like you guys do but that doesn't make it any more or less likely to happen. I have to remain objective on this stuff as much as I can.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
So does that mean it's foolish of me to keep hoping that a Cherry Pizza figure will be made one day?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Also, about the tux thing, I like the tux thing. I didn't at first though, but it has grown on me. I do think that if a Tux Fozzie is made it should have some quirkyness. I like the idea of black swim flippers. Maybe if they are removable some how too. It would make a great accessory. And if a Lew tux figure was made he would need a fishy tie.
Ok, even though the fish tie was my idea to start with, I'm thinking that maybe a more appropropriate variation on the 'tuxedo' theme for Lew Zealand would be to give it a frilled collar, like the one that Lew wears on his regular costume.

Ken pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllease consider customising the tuxedos on whatever characters will be wearing them. It will take nothing away from the classiness of the tuxedos, and will add so much to the spirit of the figure.

Cherry "bring on the Wayne and Wanda in their outfits for the Grammys" Pizza

PSSSSSSSSSSST, Phillip, I wonder if you could help me solve a little mystery. I'm writing this message from one of the computers at my university (my main point of internet access), and this time it's working OK. However, usually when I try to access the forum form here, I get a message that says "Sorry, the administrator has banned your IP address". Since these are computers that everyone here can access, it's possible that somebody else has done something inappropriate on the board (somebody else being the keywords in that sentence), but I can't figure out why this happens. Would it be at all possible to find out why this occurs, or to remove the ban? I'm just confuzzled by it all

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CherryPizza,

I'll look into your situation. It could be caused be several different factors. We will try to fix it if at all possible.