Have the exclusives jumped the shark?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The order of the MEGA muppets were really just chance that they happened to coincide with the Playset figures. If we do a third, Chef will not be the third one we do...not with so many new sculpts under the belts since we first announced it.

I'd love a Tux Fozzie, and even though the bit occured while he was tux-less, I would do everything I could to have a Chuckie as an accessory.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I have a question that keeps getting passed up,but i understand that many questions are over looked and that you are busy ken, but were the tux bunsens glasses made of a softer plastic to prevent any breakage? it would be harder to get a tux bunsen figure the a reg bunsen, so i think many people might buy two of the sets.

i don't touch my figures that often, they are in a large glass case, and my bunsen is a figure that i never touch!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Sorry I missed the question.

They are going to be a softer material yes. And a new sculpt on the glasses...a bit more correct to the likeness.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
The order of the MEGA muppets were really just chance that they happened to coincide with the Playset figures. If we do a third, Chef will not be the third one we do...not with so many new sculpts under the belts since we first announced it.

I'd love a Tux Fozzie, and even though the bit occured while he was tux-less, I would do everything I could to have a Chuckie as an accessory.
Ooo a Chuckie pack in would be great! Even though during the bit Fozzie was naked ( :eek: ) People could simply give Chuckie to reg Fozzie since most people probably stole reg Fozzie's mic and gave it to the band :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thank you ken!!!!! i have asked the question about three time all together, inculding the action figure board, i probaly might have asked right before your wedding so i'm sure there wasn't time.

It"s okay about missing the question, i'm very happy about the answer!!!

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Ken,
You and I have talked about the tuxes many times, so you know my feelings on them. But since they are gonna continue, would it be possible to knock out the ones that "belong" in tuxes first? Such as Fozzie, Scooter, Sam, and the band. Doing Statler and Waldorf (which I agree wouldn't be very different) or the Chef, would seem like such a waste, when everyone seems to be asking for the more traditional guys. Even Gonzo in a black tux, would be an easy, and (in my opinion) a welcomed variant.
-Artie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why don't Bunsen and Beaker make as much sense in a tux as Scooter?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Why don't Bunsen and Beaker make as much sense in a tux as Scooter?
Because I seem to remember seeing Scooter in a tux on more than one occassion. While Bunsen and Beaker were only in them in the 30 year celebration. They're just to obscure IMHO.
-Artie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can see that. I just think a Bunsen/Beaker tux 2 pack would be fun. It could have been a blown up Beaker and singed coat Bunsen. That would have been much less expensive to make, but the tuxes do look nice on them. I certainly wouldn't mind Tux Scooter, but there are variants of Fozzie, Scooter and a Tux Rowlf that will be out at the same time as Beaker/Bunsen. I look at it as a strategy decision.

Will you be getting the set or will you pass?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I'll get the set, but my fear is that this line is not going to last the years and years that everyone hopes. Therefore, there's a good chance that we'll be left with random variants, like the Bunsen and Beaker tuxes, to put with Kermit Tux, and there'll be no Fozzie, Sam, Scooter in sight. I like to have complete sets. So Kermit , hangin with Rowlf, Chef, Stat and Wal, and Bunsen and Beaker all in tuxes, is just not fun for me. Especially when there are such better variant possibilities for all of these characters that haven't been touched upon. Heck gimme a Bun and Beak 2-pack in the MTI or MCC outfits, before a tux.
I'll put the standard disclaimer that I love all of Palisades stuff (as I do) but I definitely have preferences.
-Artie