Has the JHC ever throught of making the (Little Shop Horrors 2)

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
LSOH is one of my favorite musicals of all times. In fact, I've had the opportounity to be in it in my community theater production. I played Orin, The Voice of the Plant, and various other people. On the nights when I wans't Orin (The show was Doublecast) I was inside the Plant, still playing the voice. It was really cool, like being a muppeter. uncomfertable though. I had my arms outsthreched for two hours, and as the plant grows, more weight is put on your arms, and I was in theirwith another guy working the tentaclaes. However, in our version, we had a problem getting the plant offstage after it's blown up at the end (we did the movie ending) So This other guy and I had to lift ten pounds of foam rubber and take it offstage! ANd whenever somebody was eaten, they had to crawl through my legs so i was spread eagled for five minutes at a time while minupulating the pod. Ouchy!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, one song was eligable for Best Song "Mean Green Mother from Outerspace" was not in the original Broadway musical. I know, I thought it was too, but I was thinking of "Feed Me" and "Suppertime". I'm not sure if it was nominated. It should have been, but a lot of cheesy 80s songs (not the good 80s songs) were nominated around that time. I remember a rumor that they were preparing a version of the plant to sing live at an award show, but I don't think it ever happened.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Mean Green mother was nominated it lost to "take My breath away" from Top Gun. I just can't beleive it didn't get some kind of award for it's puppetry.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hey anyone remember the little shop cartoon? it was kinda like little shop babies.

I'd like to see Audary used as something though, maybe a new type of movie that wasn't like a musical, maybe more of a horror movie, nothing to do with Rick morrius or steve martin as a "2" comedy movie, kinda like a remake in a totaly new direction like how eddie murphy did Dr Dolittle, it had nothing nor was like anything the orignal, just the same name and talking animals but going way out with it with all animals really talking and we know what they are saying.

Maybe more like an eight legged freaks movie...i don't know if that good or bad though, what did ou guys think of it;-)it wasn't the best, i'd take arcnophbia as being scary, this was like gremlins as spiders, only not good like gremlins;-) i have always been linking of a Gremlins 3 Movie, they could do some really cool stuff with Jim Henson Creature shop now and computer tech stuff.

I had a few dream's of A Short Curicut 3 movie too. I love Jonny 5!

Zack)Rowlf the, i'd say i'd like another Herbbie the love bug movie too, but that new one Disney made a few years ago was SOO boring! as you can tell i love animal, robot, and creature movies! anyone remember Critters?i think most of us are like this though with the Muppets and everything, Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Chef/Beaker fan

Thanks for the info. I couldn't remember what won that year. Do you know how Mean Green Mother was performed? Could you provide some details?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

Maybe more like an eight legged freaks movie...i don't know if that good or bad though, what did ou guys think of it
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm ashamed to say I actually watched it. But technically it took two viewings on DVD. I feel asleep during the first viewing, and watched it again the next day.

Hands down one of the dumbest and worst movies put on film. :rolleyes:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I didn't even let myself see it. OMG! And to think he's a regular thing now with the Muppets!:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Actually, I pencilled up a plot synopsis for Little Shop 2 around the time the cartoon came out.

My plan was that there would be limited Seymour and Audrey, and they ended up living at their "Someplace that's green." Remember at the end of the first movie there was the little pod in the bushes? Well, in the second part, the child of Seymore and Audrey finds the pod which talks to him, but neither realize that fresh blood is what the plant really needs to grow larger, but the plant suckers the kid into feeding it fresh meats. When they finally discover the fresh blood is what makes the plant grow better, the trouble begins.

Except in MY story, the world dies.

Just kiddin...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought the Roger Corman film had Jack Nicholson playing the dentist??

FOZ

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I have no clue.

No offense or anything, Foz, but, that story idea sounds like just about every Disney ceapquel ever made!

*listening in on Disney meetings*

I have it! We can use the same story, only it's with their kids!

Perfect! And instead of Cruella, we can have Notsomeanastobeatyouuplla, but with the same temper!

Brilliant!

Sorry, Foz. I just don't think movies where the story ends, and there isn't really alot of room to expand, should just be left at that.