Guests you wish had appeared on The Muppet Show

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
God...I'de LOOOOOVE to see BJORK!!!!!!

She'd be so great as a guest! I can just picture it! Weeee~~!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet, did you see the Muppet Show with Loretta Swit? This is the one where Kermit gets so fed up with Piggy planting items about the two of them in the gossip papers that he fires her. Loretta takes Miss Piggy's place in both Veterinarians' Hospital and Pigs in Space!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What about William Shatner or Leonard Nimoy? How about both? Heck, you could have the whole cast!

I also think that having the Beatles would have been great. They tried to get them for several seasons but it never panned out.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
While we're on the whole M*A*S*H kick, I would've liked to have seen McLean Stevenson or Jamie Farr on the show.

If anyone hasn't mentioned Walter Matthau, he would have been great with the Muppets. I could see him interacting quite well with Statler & Waldorf. I also wouldn't have minded seeing Buddy Hackett, Hermione Gingold (if you don't know who her, she was Gigi's grandma in "Gigi" and the mayor's wife in "The Music Man"), John Travolta, Gabe Kaplan (he and Fozzie would've gotten along great), Carl Reiner, Henny Youngman, James Caan (who is actually a half-decent singer), Flip Wilson, Carroll O'Connor, Bea Arthur....

The list is endless.

SNLIM

Reaction score
muppet guests

really, they were trying to get the beatles? well let's get paul mc cartney for the first season of the new muppet show! but besides paul i really think that tony shaloub who plays "adrian monk" in the new serise "monk", he was also in a one season series called "stark raving mad" (it was one of the best shows ever too bad it was canceled) and in glaxy quest. he is a perfect fit for the show. i also think that david bowie and possibly ben stiller would be good candidates also.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Great list, TravellingMatt! I would think they'd have been able to get Jamie Farr on the show pretty easily. I wonder what they'd have had him do- same for McLean Stevenson.

Henny Youngman and Fozzie would have been a terrific combo. Buddy Hackett is an inspired choice.

Don't know about Carroll O'Connor though. I have trouble picturing that.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole