Guests you wish had appeared on The Muppet Show

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
This is for all the people (like me, aheheheh) who have guests that they wish could have appeared on the Muppet Show, but aren't as...creative as people like Traveling Matt to write out a whole show outline.

For me, my ideal Muppet Show guest would be Roddy McDowall. I can so see him doing something PoTA-related, like maybe dressed up as one of his three characters (Cornelius, Ceaser or Galen). He's also a beyond-decent singer, too.

Robert Cucciolli would also be a first-rate guest for the Muppet Show. For those unfamiliar, he's done a lot of work on Broadway. He played Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde in the musical and recorded the part for the original Broadway Cast soundtrack. The scene clearest in my mind: "This is the Moment" sung as the final song of the night.

mattyboy

Reaction score
I'd like if people like Barbra Striesand or Jack Lemmon appeared in it. My favourite would have to be Jack Nicholson, that would have been so scary, but hysterical at the same time. What would it of been like though if Elvis was alive during that time, would he have done it? Also wasn't Cher or Robin Williams suppose to guest star on it as well?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Also wasn't Cher or Robin Williams suppose to guest star on it as well?
Eee! Robin Williams on TMS! That would have just been a laugh-a-minute show!

mattyboy

Reaction score
I know, but during that time he was only famous for 'Mork and Mindy' I think, I don't remember where I heard it from. Probably I heard it from an interview page in the 'articles' section on this site.

suggsy

Reaction score
Elvis was alive during TMS. he was just not doing too well.

I know david Bowie was in labyrinth but he would have been great on TMS. Ozzy would have ruled too ( he did that track with piggy but I'd want to see him in sketches.)

Bill Murray could have been really great. he came into SNL when the Muppets left so he never interacted with them.

I'm still shocked Prince did Muppets Tonight. That was surreal.

Jackie

Reaction score
Punky Brewster

LOL just kidding!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, if they had done a sixth season, I would have liked to see them feature:

Robin Williams (considered)
Cher (considered)
Mel Brooks
Gene Wilder
Billy Joel (I think he was popular around this time)
David Bowie
Bill Cosby

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Well, I think Elliott Gould would have done the show if it had lasted another year. Richard Pryor was the originally booked guest for the Chris Langham episode (the guest star Chris replaced, that is.)

Aside from of course one of the Beatles (most likely Paul, or perhaps George) and Frank Sinatra, I think Sammy Davis Jr. would have made a good guest. Ditto Flip Wilson, Lily Tomlin, Gregory Hines. Dick Van Dyke would have been an inspired choice, and Johnny Mathis would have been terrific (they were both part of The Muppets Go Hollywood). Carole King, James Taylor and Carly Simon would have been great. I think Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Albert Finney and Michael York could have been interesting.

How's about Christopher Walken? He can sing and dance (boy can he dance) and I had heard somewhere that he was in the original Broadway cast of "West Side Story".

Art Carney. Nuff said.

Billy Joel and Red Skelton are two of my top picks for guest spots.

I know they already had Loretta Swit, but I can't help wonder what an episode with Alan Alda would have been like. Maybe they'd have had better luck getting Gary Burghoff, after all he looks more like a Muppet:smile:

I'll add more as I think of them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Ray Stevens would have made an interesting guest. In fact, I'm writing a script for it right now! The idea just popped into my head all of a sudden. I don't know when I'll get finished, though...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I know they already had Loretta Swit, but I can't help wonder what an episode with Alan Alda would have been like. Maybe they'd have had better luck getting Gary Burghoff, after all he looks more like a Muppet :smile:
*squeals* Muppets and M*A*S*H! Now that would have been a show! Seeing Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan and Miss Piggy in the same place (their similarities in appearance can not be coincidence) would be almost too much!