1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

General Muppets Palisades Discussion

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by meepmuppaphones, Mar 23, 2012.

?

Which character would you have wanted to see as a Palisades figure? (Not Mini Muppets)

Wayne 1 vote(s) 1.8%
Angus McGonagle 6 vote(s) 10.5%
Bobo the Bear 9 vote(s) 15.8%
Mahna Mahna and the Snowths 16 vote(s) 28.1%
Sal Minella 12 vote(s) 21.1%
Louis Kazagger 4 vote(s) 7.0%
Nigel (Muppet Show) 5 vote(s) 8.8%
Mutation 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Wanda 1 vote(s) 1.8%
Trumpet Girl 2 vote(s) 3.5%
Behemoth 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Boppity 1 vote(s) 1.8%

1. Hubert Well-Known Member

They really would have been awesome. The ones that I would have especially wanted more than any on that list would be Patrol Link Hogthrob, Clueless Morgan, Mulch, Seymour and Pepe, Lewis Kazagger, and Andy and Randy.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  2. The Count Moderator

Hey Hubert, sorry I didn't read your post earlier.

What I did to earn "Special Thanks" recognition was a job that kept growing while trying to get it done. At some point in 2003, between Series 3 and 4, Ken posted that the lineups for the four series due for release that year were set, though a bit of shifting took place. So he was interested in what lineups fans and people who were buying the figures "might" want to see from S7 onwards. He laid out the rules for you to come up with "at least" four to five full serieses of figures of four figures each, with whatever exclusives and/or playsets you would want. I volunteered to gather all the individual submissions and then organize them into a handy-dandy easy-to-view table format. Each time I thought I was finished, someone else would come up with their ideas that had to be added. They didn't stop at S7-S12 either, some went as far as sixteen serieses. And when entries finally did die down, I polished the file sending it off to Ken's addy for which I got my name on the Tux Bunsen & Beaker pack.
    SwedishTech and Hubert like this.
  3. Hubert Well-Known Member

Awesome! Really neat that you were able to fill that role in the production of the line, Ed. :)
    SwedishTech likes this.
  4. Harry Taylor New Member

Great they would be awesome
    I wish they did sesame street figures:p:(:insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh:
  5. Same here they would be awesome
  6. mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Just curious, did Disney ever contact any action figure company to revive the Muppet action figures? Or at least make a new line with more details to the action figures or something just as good as Palisades? Why did Palisades go bankrupt or shut down. I thought they were doing very well with their quality work.
  7. The Count Moderator

It's not that Palisades shut down or went bankrupt... It's that they got bought out by a company called Licensed by Cas in February 2006 which effectively ended the company as we knew it.
  8. Hubert Well-Known Member

Wasn't Palisades on the verge of going bankrupt though...and Liscenced by Cas pretty much stepped in an attempt to save them, yet failed miserably? That's what I remembered happening...dunno for sure, though.
  9. The Count Moderator

That Palisades was on the verge of bankrupcy is possible... But Licensed by Cas never went in to "save" Palisades, Cas bought out Palisades outright, turning said assett into their own entirely new company, so it's not like Palisades would have then continued with their name and brand under new management titling.
  10. Mister Muppet Active Member

Hey just wondering what's the least rarest and the most rarest palisades muppet figure excluding exclusives and playsets any info would be apprieciated thanks :)
  11. los Member

Count, where can I find more info on Cas. Just curious on why they bought palisades and not continue any of the work in progress.
  12. Rhys Member

Hey guys just a quick question, what is a good price for the backstage playset and if u are selling 1 please pm me thanks
  13. Mister Muppet Active Member

Unfortunately there all very high priced and after some ebay searches most i have found are well over 1000 pounds
  14. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The skinny on Palisades is this.

Palisades Toys was a small yet brilliant company that wanted a high-profile flagship license like the successful World of Simpsons line. They looked into Disney and Warner Brothers before agreeing on Jim Henson's Muppets.

The figures transcended the quality of their peers and were a hit with fans and collectors. However, the Muppets never really had a consistent media presence during this time. There were not that many active projects and it became increasingly harder to get retailers interested in the Muppets line. Ultimately the Muppets brought Palisades both professional prestige and financial hardship. For that reason, any other company would have been justifiably reluctant to pick up the series where Palisades left off.

Palisades Muppet figures exist in a special golden moment for fans that is not likely to happen again. At least not on that scale or level of detail. I still hope that Disney produces another Muppets line in the future. It won't likely be like Palisades, but it could still be great.
  15. Mister Muppet Active Member

Hey does anyone know why Lips is high priced is it because there was not many made
  16. Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons...I think that less Lips made than other figures. I'm pretty sure that all of series 9 had smaller production numbers, though not sure if Lips had even less?

Though the interesting thing I always find is that the other EM musician with 3 variants, Zoot from series 3, also goes very expensive. Does anyone know why this might be? I've often wondered if because there were 3 variants, less of each one were made as opposed to a figure with only one clothing option, though this is purely a guess.
  17. Mister Muppet Active Member

I thought that I heard that series 3 had a low production run and I never knew that Zoot had 3 diferent variants I thought there was only two
  18. Hubert Well-Known Member

Oops, actually I think you are right. For some reason I was stuck on the mindset that there is the regular light brown one, the dark red one, and a silver one, but now that I think about it, I think there were only two.

I didn't know that series 3 had a low production run, that could be a reason for Zoot's expensive prices then. Though I can't help but wonder why it would be that Scooter, Rowlf, and Lew Zealand aren't as expensive if that's the case.
  19. Mister Muppet Active Member

Yeah there were only two variants of Zoot you maybe thinking of Lips as ther were 3 variants of him

whenever I look for a Rowlf figure they seem to be expensive Sometimes over £100
    yet Lew Zealand and Scooter always seem to be less money than Rowlf and Zoot
  20. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right...for some reason I was thinking there were three of both, when there was really only three of Lips and also Johnny Fiama (which I'm pretty sure do not run at high prices).

True, Rowlf does seem to be somewhat expensive, at least more so than some figures of that series range.