Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierat

Reaction score
sesame figs

Well, I do agree that palisades is a collectors company. But I really think their volume sales would increase with decreased prices. After all look at the companies that are carrying them Toys R Us, Meijers, EB-toys, Suncost. But when parent like myself have a kid that wants to buy a 10.00 kermit or a 5.00 other action figure that is more kid friendly kermits usually lose. I think the same thing applies to the casual fan that would only buy a couple to put on their desk at work or shelf at home.

I thought I read where palisades felt they were targeting mostly collectors and not attracting as much of the other purchasers.

Hopefully someone larger who can mass market the sesame line in similiar fashion to a larger audience will be found. :crazy:

I'd love to see some unsung figures like Sherlock hemlock, Herry monster and prairie dawn.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The line started with lower prices and it didn't take. TRU only took series 1 and 2 (back when the figures were only about 7 or 8 dollars) and then didn't take any figures until series 7. By that time the price HAD to be raised because the volume went down. They can't just lower the cost and hope the volume increases. They tried approaching the line as a toy line and the market didn't bite. So, they now approach it as a collectable line. Kermit lost in series 1 to al the other crapptastic toys because Kermit just isn't popular with the kids. KErmit doesn't even have the Sesame Street exposure he use to have. Because of that, the line had to switch gears to stay. A sesame line would most likely be the same price as the F4A stuff, an 8 dollar per figure item, and be in stores like TRU. But if you'd rather buy your child a slightly cheaper toy in price and quality so be it. Power rangers and the like aren't exactly durable either.

LadyVader

Reaction score
Save Us Sesame Street

I think the people at F4A knew that they were haveing trouble and thought Would save them. just a few Quick figures and boom money money money. They didn't count on every one haveing such High stands thanks to Palisades who raised the bar on action figures of this type. So now it was going to coast F4A more than they pland and poof. thats all they wrote.

Luke

Reaction score
I believe the latest rumor was that they are delayed until December, if they happen. Not sure what the official word is.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm warming up to them SOME since they reworked Cookie Monster, and I do like the Super Grover and Ernie is better. Oscar is curious how they chose to make him as is Bert, but they all look okay seeing as they were based on cartoons of themselves and not the puppets.

LadyVader

Reaction score
No SS

I heard There be no SS toys till they get there money problem fixed.

WiGgY

Reaction score
No news because the company is failing. I doubt they will recover. The good news is that Sesame Workshop MAY let Palisades do the line now that F4A is going down. Of course, there are other toy companies out there so who knows. One thing is for sure, Palisades does want to do this line. I thnk they best thng to do would be to write letters to Sesame Workshop and let them know that we want Palisades to make the figures.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No, you're wrong. There is ONLY Palisades. :smile:

Yes, you're right. We should begin writing SW:

Sesame Workshop
One Lincoln Plaza
New York, NY 10023

Status
Not open for further replies.