1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by pdiresta, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. pierat

pierat New Member

sesame figs

Well, I do agree that palisades is a collectors company. But I really think their volume sales would increase with decreased prices. After all look at the companies that are carrying them Toys R Us, Meijers, EB-toys, Suncost. But when parent like myself have a kid that wants to buy a 10.00 kermit or a 5.00 other action figure that is more kid friendly kermits usually lose. I think the same thing applies to the casual fan that would only buy a couple to put on their desk at work or shelf at home.

I thought I read where palisades felt they were targeting mostly collectors and not attracting as much of the other purchasers.

Hopefully someone larger who can mass market the sesame line in similiar fashion to a larger audience will be found. :crazy:

I'd love to see some unsung figures like Sherlock hemlock, Herry monster and prairie dawn.
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

The line started with lower prices and it didn't take. TRU only took series 1 and 2 (back when the figures were only about 7 or 8 dollars) and then didn't take any figures until series 7. By that time the price HAD to be raised because the volume went down. They can't just lower the cost and hope the volume increases. They tried approaching the line as a toy line and the market didn't bite. So, they now approach it as a collectable line. Kermit lost in series 1 to al the other crapptastic toys because Kermit just isn't popular with the kids. KErmit doesn't even have the Sesame Street exposure he use to have. Because of that, the line had to switch gears to stay. A sesame line would most likely be the same price as the F4A stuff, an 8 dollar per figure item, and be in stores like TRU. But if you'd rather buy your child a slightly cheaper toy in price and quality so be it. Power rangers and the like aren't exactly durable either.
  3. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

Save Us Sesame Street

I think the people at F4A knew that they were haveing trouble and thought Would save them. just a few Quick figures and boom money money money. They didn't count on every one haveing such High stands thanks to Palisades who raised the bar on action figures of this type. So now it was going to coast F4A more than they pland and poof. thats all they wrote.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Is there any new news lately, folks?
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I believe the latest rumor was that they are delayed until December, if they happen. Not sure what the official word is.
  6. Fozzie Bear

I have to admit, I'm warming up to them SOME since they reworked Cookie Monster, and I do like the Super Grover and Ernie is better. Oscar is curious how they chose to make him as is Bert, but they all look okay seeing as they were based on cartoons of themselves and not the puppets.
  7. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

No SS

I heard There be no SS toys till they get there money problem fixed.
  8. Fozzie Bear

So, any new news on the action figures??
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

No news because the company is failing. I doubt they will recover. The good news is that Sesame Workshop MAY let Palisades do the line now that F4A is going down. Of course, there are other toy companies out there so who knows. One thing is for sure, Palisades does want to do this line. I thnk they best thng to do would be to write letters to Sesame Workshop and let them know that we want Palisades to make the figures.
  10. Fozzie Bear

No, you're wrong. There is ONLY Palisades. :)

Yes, you're right. We should begin writing SW:

Sesame Workshop
    One Lincoln Plaza
    New York, NY 10023
  11. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

If that is the case, then I will start my letter to Sesame Workshop later tonight. Palisades Sesame figures would rock!
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

It all depends on what happens with F4A though. They may still make the figures. Either way, write the letters.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, even if Palisades does get the rights, I doubt they'd get on it right away. Probably after the TMS line has been made. They've got quite a bit on their plates, with TMS, Zim, and Oddparents. It will be worth the wait, but I don't think it could happen. Hopefully F4A will either pass the license to Palisades or at the very least fix their financial troubles and put these out to market (at least 2 series worth... I want my Guy Smiley, Telly Monster and 2 Head figures).

Oh well, at least we finally got Fraggles on DVD.... that's something to look forward to.
  14. Fozzie Bear

I would rather wait for Palisades figures of SS to be made. I think they would be most awesome and HOPEFULLY look like the puppets, as did TMS characters!
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd wait too (specially since I can't afford them right now anyway) but I'd rather see something than nothing at all. They may not have been as great as the Palisades TMS line, but compairing it to unfuzzy Cookie Monster dolls and Singing Elmos we've been bombarded with, ANYTHING is a welcome change! :p
  16. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

any new news

Hi:
    has there been and new news as to the SS figures comeing out at all??? :confused:
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Nope, and i'd think it's highly unlikely we will ever actually see the Fun-4-All figures now at all.
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Sad. Even with their drawbacks, I was really looking forward to these guys. Maybe they'll auction off the prototypes, or someone else will pick up the license...
  19. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think it's more likely Palisades will pick up the item now. If you look at their forums you can see a few new sections ready to be annouced. Perhaps one will be Sesame Street. You never know.
  20. treelofan

treelofan New Member

i doubt palisades will be putting any sesame street stuff out.

it takes a bit more time to secure a licence or start up production than most of you realize.
    also, bankruptcy is designed to keep creditors off a companies butt for enough time so they can raise some capitol to pay creditors. it isnt the "final nail" in the coffin.
    MAYBE the reason fun 4 all may not make the figures is all the negativity spouted out by their "target market" (muppet fans")

for all those wanting toys that look like puppets..
    there's this thing called a puppet,,try that!
    :boo:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.