Free "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD in Lucky Charms cereal

petrieboy

Reaction score
Those darn orange circus peanuts.

I wish someone had not mentioned that they are the same as the marshmallows in lucky charms. When I was little, I ate a bag of the peanuts and then vomited all over my dad's girlfriend's new shoes while we were driving. Since then, I dread the sight of them- they smell completely nasty. My friend bought me a king size bag of them when I graduated high school to make me smile.
Now, I enjoy the marshmallows in cereals. But I have a problem and Id like to know if anyone else experiences this. They send shivers up my whole body, through my teeth. I cannot eat them along with the grain cereal... I have to eat the grain cereal first, and then eat the marshmallow bits at the end. I usually suck on them to break them down--- otherwise I will have horrible chills when they crunch. The same thing happens if you rub/scratch foam or egg cartons near me... or, sadly, when I walk through fresh fallen snow. :frown:
Can't they just put the cd on boxes of Cranberry Almond Crunch? Now that's some good cereal.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
about those shivers...

I don't get then that extremely, but I do get awful shivers when I even think about chewing cotton or tissue paper. Does that happen to you, too?

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

petrieboy

Reaction score
cotton and tissue paper!

I hadn't thought about chewing these...
but I can safely say that it's going to take me 15 minutes to recover from your email. Right now my teeth are clenched tight and I'm feeling something like vertigo.

towels

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw some Honey Nut Cheerios sitting in the display...so it's not all "marshmallow"y goodness.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by petrieboy
The same thing happens if you rub/scratch foam or egg cartons near me
YOU TOO!!?!?!?! I thought that I was the only one! My dad used to tease me by rubbing styrofoam bits back and forth. Everytime I hear it I completely freeze up!

Lu775

Reaction score
You guys are sending shivers down my spine just reading about it! Espcially the chewing cotton or kleenex. EEEEEK!
*Shiver*

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh i never could chew cotton candy, it just went down, i never really wanted the stuff to touch my teeth, nor would i let it sit in my mouth and evaporate, i was just like a vaccum cleaner when i ate it. uhh, err...i don't think that helps....

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these boxes in Canada? I've been looking in Toronto and all I can find is cases and cases of Lucky Charms with a free "Sorry" CD-ROM game. Crappy.

Stulz

Reaction score
DVD -ROM??

I saw only boxes of (yuck) Luck Charms with the free DVD's inside. But on the side they all say for you computers DVD -Rom drive??

what's the deal with this?

Do the movies and shows play only in DVD Rom drives or is that just for the AOL promotion?

I'm waiting till i see Cinnomon Toast Crunch cereal with the the DVD's .. but i want to know if it's worth it...

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarylarrywolf
I don't mean to put a cloud over this event, but my mom just bought a box with MTM on it and my initial response was one of joy, but as I thought about it more, I said to myself, "Where do they get off giving away a quality Muppet movie for free?!" On one hand it makes me glad for the promotion of the Muppets, but I also saw it as a statement regarding the Muppets as cheap enough to give away. What do you guys think?
I think the exact opposite. I think the film is of such a high quality, that it is worthy of giving it away free. Think about this a moment. In this day and age, most people still don't own a DVD player. What's a good thing to make people try out new technology? Free stuff! What's even better than that? Quality free stuff. The muppets were chosen for this promotion because they are representatives of quality entertainment. Not because someone thought they were cheap and disposible.

I swear, no matter what is done with Muppets, |someone| is gonna find a way to get upset.

Sh.