Free "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD in Lucky Charms cereal

Luke

Reaction score
Ugh Dr Pepper - i loved that when i was a kid but i got it the other day and i think i kinda lost the taste for it !

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
you know those "marshmellows" are actualy SMASHED cotton candy bits! LOL!
I hate to correct you here, but I saw a documentary on this. The marshmallows in your cereal are actually those scary orange "circus peanuts." Some call them "edible packing peanuts!" I call them "gross."

It's funny, because I can't stand those things whole, but chopped up and mixed with wheat based cereals, it's yummy!

Sh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though I'd like to go off the record as saying my "Boffo Flakes" post was a Joke, I still don't understand why these films come with Cereal.

I mean, I can understand Jackie Chan Adventures and Bear in the Big Blue house, since they are on TV all the time, but MTM and Buddy? There's got to be a catch! I'd rather get the good version...if I had a DVD!

But in all honesty, a lot of movies today look like they should be free in a box of CHex! Look at Big Fat Liar. The whole movie is a bunch of dumb "Blue" jokes. (They told me to pick up a little blue car..NOT A LITTLE BLUE MAN!!! HYUCK HYUCK!!!!, if that's comedy, I'll cross over to drama, thank you very much)

As for "Marshmellow" cereals, I never understood why they use those freeze dried sugar cubes. They really sting my teeth after a while! I even Microwaved a bowl to soften them up. I got hot lumps of freeze dried sugar.

But I gotta admit, the New Scooby Doo marshmellow cereal is pretty good! The cinnamon kills the taste of crusty plastic sugar!

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
I remember as a child hating the actual cereal part of Lucky Charms because it was so bland and tasted like cardboard. I did like the marshmallows though, but I don't think you could ever compare them to cotton candy- now that stuff is DISGUSTING. The way it melts on your tongue is just too weird. I remember throwing up all night the first time I tried to eat it. Anyways, about the free DVD topic- I think it's a great idea. I think one of the many reasons why the Muppet franchise has been struggling these past few years is that it hasn't had the opportunity to reach a core youth audience. Since it can't do so through television, etc. at the moment, the company's hoping to do it through cereal boxes in the present. I've spoken to many little children who had no idea who Kermit the Frog was before I told him about him because they're so wrapped up in all of ths "Pokemon" garbage and the like; but I'm sure they know all about Lucky Charms and all those other sugary cereals. Kids go down the cereal aisle with mommy or daddy- "Oooh, look there's a free DVD in this cereal-ohhhh- let me get it!"- Kid takes home MTM, watches the movie, love its- and- VOILA- another Muppet fan is created!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I hate to correct you here, but I saw a documentary on this. The marshmallows in your cereal are actually those scary orange "circus peanuts." Some call them "edible packing peanuts!" I call them "gross."

Actualy, it's all sugar, when you narrow it down it's all sugar... those orange peanuts are discusting!as the same as luckycharms...some people can't handle the power of cotton candy, it's the dentist's worst enemy, i still can't resist a small taste of it thought, as long as it's fresh, and as long as my toothbrush is near by.

hehe, i remember when i was young i used to put those orange peanuts in the microwave, and enjoy seeing them after they expolded, but my mom didn't like the sticky orange tar stuck in t he micorwave though....

Zack)Rowlf the,I'm Sorry Mother,Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone see the commercial for this? It's one of those commercials that has the cereal comercial to start with, then it shows the free product.

It shows a very short clip of MTM when the characters are side stepping on stage (Haven't seen this movie in YEARS!!!!) it just looked weird. It showed a clip of bear sniffing thin air for one second.

I'm glad they showed th Muppets instead of Jackie Chan clips (don't get me wrong, I like that show, but not as much as the Muppets) and mentioning the Muppets in passing.

Total agreement with Marshmallow cereal. I finally got a box of Count Chocula (never had it before, because it's REALLY pricey as far as cereals go) since it was on sale at Target for 2 bucks. Haven't seen the DVD BOXES OF LUCKY CHARMS Or chex, yet.

Man! This #$%%%^ caps lock key is driving me up the wall!!!

Lu775

Reaction score
i remember one time i ate two full bags of cotton candy, i didn't throw up, i just felt boalted nothing a half a bottle of Dr Pepper couldn't wash down
Zack, you made my teeth hurt just reading that! Talk about your sugar high... :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Zack, you made my teeth hurt just reading that! Talk about your sugar high...
LOL! Yeah, it used to be a weekly thing for me when i was young, every Friday(TGIF). Now it makes my stomch hurt just thinking about it:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, those were the bad old days...the bad eatting days that is,Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I can go for some time eating Little Debbie snack cakes!

Usually I balance off Junk food with Health food. Like I eat a Caramel Apple or something. Usually when I eat fast food, all I have is a kids meal and a salad. Talk about balancing junk and health foods.

Come on now,

Healthy Food,
Boy it taste so good
me one healthy dude,
cause me eat healthy food

Not really, I just wanted to make that Sesame Street refference!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I don't mean to put a cloud over this event, but my mom just bought a box with MTM on it and my initial response was one of joy, but as I thought about it more, I said to myself, "Where do they get off giving away a quality Muppet movie for free?!" On one hand it makes me glad for the promotion of the Muppets, but I also saw it as a statement regarding the Muppets as cheap enough to give away. What do you guys think?

--"Scary" Larry Wolf